Author Topic: SOLDIERS DESERVE 'BEST EQUIPMENT’ TO FIGHT AND WIN  (Read 165 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SOLDIERS DESERVE 'BEST EQUIPMENT’ TO FIGHT AND WIN
« on: August 23, 2023, 02:09:43 pm »
SOLDIERS DESERVE 'BEST EQUIPMENT’ TO FIGHT AND WIN

Tue, 08/22/2023 - 07:08
As the Army undergoes its biggest transformation in decades and prepares for large-scale combat operations against near-peer adversaries, soldiers must always “have the best equipment to fight and win our nation’s wars,” a senior Army leader said.

Maj. Gen. Thomas O’Connor, commander of the Army Aviation and Missile Command, stressed the importance of honoring the past while transitioning to the future. “Those that have come before us—the impact they’ve had, the conditions they set, their innovative and creative ways to solve problems—we use that as a starting point,” he said.

As an example, O’Connor pointed to Joseph Cribbins, a pioneer of Army aviation logistics and namesake of AUSA’s national award for Army civilians. “Even before aviation was a branch [of the Army], Cribbins was having a tremendous impact on the sustainment community. He set the conditions by moving mountains of parts all over the Pacific theater” during World War II and the Korean War, O’Connor said.

https://www.ausa.org/news/soldiers-deserve-best-equipment-fight-and-win
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: SOLDIERS DESERVE 'BEST EQUIPMENT’ TO FIGHT AND WIN
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 02:16:09 pm »
Deserving it and getting it are two different animals.  The wrong kinds of weapons in a particular situation are going to get lots of people killed.  Good weapons used by people who aren't trained on them is problematic.  One size fits all weapons will get lots of people killed.  Good weapons without enough ammo is a scary thought, but we are almost there now.  Etc., etc. :MiniGun:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson