Author Topic: Live Thread: GOP Debate  (Read 13974 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Live Thread: GOP Debate
« Reply #450 on: August 25, 2023, 10:32:37 am »
Wow.  Come back to this thread after a little while, and the outright desperation and lies - LIES - of the Trump-retards is astounding.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #451 on: August 25, 2023, 12:05:19 pm »
Debate Rating: Only 12.8M Watched, 13M Less than Donald Trump’s 2015 Debut

Only 12.8 million watched Fox News’ Republican primary debate Wednesday night in Milwaukee, about 13 million viewers less than former President Donald Trump’s debate debut in 2015, Nielsen Media Research data shows.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/24/debate-rating-only-12-8m-watched-13m-less-than-donald-trumps-2015-debut/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2023, 12:24:14 pm »
I am not such a big DeSantis fan that I can't admit he wobbled in the beginning on the Covid issue, heck to be honest, so did I. I seriously considered taking the shot, but didn't. I just didn't know and with some lung issues (among other things), I took the hype with some reservations.

My own governor begged the public to take the shot, she cried that some of us didn't and basically shamed us in front of liberal reporters for not wearing masks.

DeSantis is probable my lead candidate at this time, but he is no deity. As pointed out in the debate, he looked around before raising his hand... He is cautious, and that is not necessarily a bad thing. Everyone of us knows we aren't God, or even close, we are human and don't know everything, but on things we do know to stand, DeSantis seems solid on social issues that are important to me.

Is @bigheadfred  wrong to point out the wobble by DeSantis on Covid, no... and yes even @Right_in_Virginia is right that @DeSantis wobbled. But given the fact that I was on shaky legs on the subject, I feel Ron gained his feet probable faster than I did. Fauci towards the end when shown in full light to be a cockroach should of been thrown out the window, not given medals, but I will give Trump a slight pass on the subject early on, because it was one of those learn as you go things, just Trump was slower than some (far slower than me) to catch up.

Like I said, right now I could vote for DeSantis, but he ain't 100% perfect (sorta like me). He is no Alan Keyes brilliant defender (when Alan was on top of his game). The difference is I ain't acting like I am being paid to support someone unlike some here. I almost expected one of our posters to be indited along with Trump today in how much they defend him (j/k of course). Face it, if you are a paid promoter, you wouldn't waste your time in a small forum like this, and we all know it.

If DeSantis has a Covid record  that’s open to attack, Trump is the last person who should be attacking it, because it leaves Trump open for criticism for his own handling of the Covid issue.

Trump was critical of the Georgia governor for opening things up “too early.”

Trump also was critical of Sweden’s decision not to lock down.

Trump also claim he had total authority over the states in April 2020  on the Covid issue

It would have to take somebody who doesn’t have the Covid albatross on themselves to credibly go after DeSantis on this issue
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 01:17:47 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #453 on: August 25, 2023, 12:44:21 pm »
DeSantis Moves to Ban CRT From Florida’s Public Higher Education

Florida governor announced reforms that would require education in the state’s public colleges to be “rooted in Western tradition”

NIKKI MCCANN RAMIREZ  |  JANUARY 31, 2023

FLORIDA GOVERNOR RON DeSantis announced plans to “reform” the state’s public higher education system by banning schools from “supporting campus activities or programs that promote divisive concepts like DEI and CRT.” The proposed reforms are the latest in a string of moves by DeSantis and the Florida Department of Education that target curriculums highlighting diversity and the impact of racism on American history and institutions.

@Hoodat

Actually being a state governor is one place that he has an  advantage over Trump,as well  as all the other candidates. State governments are "where the rubber meets the road",and there is probably  no one more knowledgeable about the leftist efforts to destroy America than governors,who basically deal with this sort  of thing at one level or another every  day.

Trump,as well as all the  other candidates need to be made aware of this. For this reason alone,the pompous braying jackass from Florida is providing a public service,even if it IS because of the "accident of his station".

The question of "Is he doing this because HE truly believes he sees dangers to our freedom,or is he doing it for  his own political advantage?" is irrelevant at this point because the "deed" is more important than "the man".
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 12:50:58 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #454 on: August 25, 2023, 12:45:59 pm »
I found it incredibly amazing, even uplifting, that every one of those guys on stage are
Proud Dallas Cowboys fans!

@Luis Gonzalez

Nobody is perfect.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #455 on: August 25, 2023, 12:49:06 pm »
Wow.  Come back to this thread after a little while, and the outright desperation and lies - LIES - of the Trump-retards is astounding.

@Kamaji

Yeah,EVERYBODY but the DeSanctimonious groupies like you  are retards,right?

Online Mod2

« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2023, 12:56:24 pm »
Cut out the name-calling.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #457 on: August 25, 2023, 01:38:22 pm »

Oh, so we're resorting to plagiarism now?

Because I remember this exact same cartoon being released in 2007 except with Fred Thompson as the "big menacing shadow." How'd that work out for Freddie?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #458 on: August 25, 2023, 01:40:32 pm »

Because I remember this exact same cartoon being released in 2007 except with Fred Thompson as the "big menacing shadow." How'd that work out for Freddie?

I wish Fred had won. I just loved the guy.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #459 on: August 25, 2023, 02:20:17 pm »
In case anyone is interested, last night I consulted with a couple of friends currently residing in North Dakota and concluded that Doug Burgum is off my list of presidential possibles in this election cycle for sure and likely permanently.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #460 on: August 25, 2023, 02:22:19 pm »
I wish Fred had won. I just loved the guy.

I wish Barry Goldwater had beaten LBJ! If that had happened our world today would be vastly improved over the current mess!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #461 on: August 25, 2023, 02:24:12 pm »
I wish Barry Goldwater had beaten LBJ! If that had happened our world today would be vastly improved over the current mess!

Or if Herbert Hoover beat FDR eh? :D

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #462 on: August 25, 2023, 02:33:57 pm »
In case anyone is interested, last night I consulted with a couple of friends currently residing in North Dakota and concluded that Doug Burgum is off my list of presidential possibles in this election cycle for sure and likely permanently.

As you likely know, I have very close relatives in NoDak. I received mixed reviews also.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #463 on: August 25, 2023, 02:37:12 pm »
As you likely know, I have very close relatives in NoDak. I received mixed reviews also.

888high58888 :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #464 on: August 25, 2023, 02:57:53 pm »

What the hell is wrong with you @jmyrlefuller ?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #465 on: August 25, 2023, 03:31:49 pm »
What the hell is wrong with you @jmyrlefuller ?
A combination of Asperger syndrome and a long-seeded bitterness at my entire adult life being a total failure.

What's your excuse?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #466 on: August 25, 2023, 03:32:15 pm »
A combination of Asperger syndrome and a long-seeded bitterness at my entire adult life being a total failure.

What's your excuse?
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2023, 03:34:14 pm »
I wish Fred had won run.  I just loved the guy.

Fixed.  And I wish he would have as well.  Plus, the Michael Moore commercial was hilarious.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #468 on: August 25, 2023, 03:50:45 pm »
A combination of Asperger syndrome

@jmyrlefuller

Well,you ain't alone with that. It was a lot harder for me to deal with  as a child because I didn't understand what was going on,and thought it was ME,and that there was something wrong with ME that couldn't be fixed.

The truth  is that people with Asperger's are just a little different from what we consider to be "regular people",and no matter how much  WE focus on our unique problem,we also need to realize that the people we laughing call "regular/normal people" also have problems. They are just different than our problems,which doesn't make them any easier for them to deal with than it is for us to deal with our problems.

EVERYBODY has problems. Just be grateful yours isn't one of the worse ones to have by far.

and a long-seeded bitterness at my entire adult life being a total failure.

BullBush. Just because you are not the ruling "Master of the Universe" doesn't mean you are a failure,never mind a "total failure". Hell,you and I are a couple of the lucky ones.  Don't believe me? Take a trip to St.Judes Childrens Hospital and take a look around. If you can view that and still think you are one of "life's losers",I have zero sympathy  for you.

Celebrate what you HAVE instead of focusing on what you think you don't have and think you  deserve. NONE of us "deserve" anything other than a chance to live life and be happy and grateful for the good times.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #469 on: August 25, 2023, 03:56:00 pm »

Celebrate what you HAVE instead of focusing on what you think you don't have and think you  deserve. NONE of us "deserve" anything other than a chance to live life and be happy and grateful for the good times.

@sneakypete

Luv ya, brother!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #470 on: August 25, 2023, 03:57:55 pm »

Bears repeating
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #471 on: August 25, 2023, 04:04:45 pm »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #472 on: August 25, 2023, 04:09:31 pm »

My take on Burgum (my governor) - FWIW.

ND is a red state, but the majority of our Republican party is so squishy, they are barely red. Certainly not conservative. The last election cycle a small group of conservatives within the Republican party tried to gain traction. Long story short, Burgum poured his millions into a PAC , thwarted the efforts of the conservatives and the result was that good men were defeated in the election. More squishy republicans.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #473 on: August 25, 2023, 04:21:06 pm »
My take on Burgum (my governor) - FWIW.

ND is a red state, but the majority of our Republican party is so squishy, they are barely red. Certainly not conservative. The last election cycle a small group of conservatives within the Republican party tried to gain traction. Long story short, Burgum poured his millions into a PAC , thwarted the efforts of the conservatives and the result was that good men were defeated in the election. More squishy republicans.

Thanks! @deb

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #474 on: August 25, 2023, 04:31:47 pm »

Why not... Look at their slogan... MAGA...