Author Topic: Republican says threat to McCarthy’s Speakership ‘inevitable’ if he doesn’t meet conservative demand  (Read 283 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Republican says threat to McCarthy’s Speakership ‘inevitable’ if he doesn’t meet conservative demands
by Miranda Nazzaro - 08/22/23 7:07 PM ET

Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-Texas) said Tuesday that a threat to Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s (R) Speakership is “inevitable” if he does not meet conservative demands and requires help from Democrats to avert a government shutdown.

“It’s going to be detrimental to leadership in the House, if they blow off the concerns of the people like myself and the Freedom Caucus and some of the other people on the right that are making reasonable demands in this problem,” Jackson said on Steve Bannon’s “War Room.” “It’s going to be a problem.”

Asked if he is prepared to move to vacate McCarthy’s Speakership, Jackson responded, “I think that’s inevitable.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4165540-republican-says-threat-to-mccarthys-speakership-inevitable-if-he-doesnt-meet-conservative-demands/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy: House could launch impeachment inquiry ‘when we come back into session’

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) warned Tuesday that the House could launch an impeachment inquiry as soon as September if the Biden administration doesn’t turn over documents — including some that were apparently never requested by the GOP.

Asked by Larry Kudlow if he has made up his mind on beginning an impeachment inquiry, McCarthy said the House will begin one if the Bidens do not provide Congress with documents lawmakers are seeking.

The comments were McCarthy’s clearest signal yet that such an investigation could be on the horizon in the lower chamber.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4165602-mccarthy-house-could-launch-impeachment-inquiry-when-we-come-back-into-session/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Call them back now you lilly livered POS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Nothing screams "I want to get destroyed in the midterms" like having a chaotic vacating of the Speakership mid-term.  But hey, you go girl!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If McCarthy is deposed, who would be the next GOP House Speaker?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Nothing screams "I want to get destroyed in the midterms" like having a chaotic vacating of the Speakership mid-term.  But hey, you go girl!

:thumbsup: