Author Topic: F-15EX Eagle II: The Fighter The Air Force Needs Has Now ‘Arrived’  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

F-15EX Eagle II: The Fighter The Air Force Needs Has Now ‘Arrived’
Story by Maya Carlin •
13h

The F-15EX Eagle II made its inaugural appearance in St. Louis this week, a significant milestone for the Air Force. Once in service, the new formidable platform will represent the most heavily armed fighter jet in the skies.

Manufacturer Boeing was able to roll out the first fighter after a nearly two-and-a-half-year gap since the delivery of the initial two F-15EX airframes back in Spring 2021. This third jet, sporting yellow and green primer paint, was the first to be built featuring the exact specifications ordered by the Air Force.

In July, Congress accepted an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Bill that allocated additional funds for the Air Force to procure the F-15EX. Since the A-10s that currently fly with the service are expected to retire by the end of the decade, acquiring their replacements is a top priority.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/f-15ex-eagle-ii-the-fighter-the-air-force-needs-has-now-arrived/ar-AA1fDjlZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=bbd36244c0854dceb08304e37e4313f8&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson