Author Topic: DeSantis, Ramaswamy to stand center stage at first GOP presidential debate  (Read 559 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
DeSantis, Ramaswamy to stand center stage at first GOP presidential debate

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy will stand center stage at Wednesday night's first GOP presidential nomination debate, according to a lineup released Tuesday by the Republican National Committee.

Standing alongside DeSantis and Ramaswamy at the debate – a Fox News-hosted showdown in Milwaukee, Wisconsin – will be former Vice President Mike Pence and former ambassador and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley.

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina will stand in the number five and six positions. Former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson and North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum will stand on the wings of the debate stage. ..........

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I hope DeSantis calls him out for flip-flopping on Trump, drug legalization, and for his ridiculous 25 year old voting age idea.  The latter should be a deal-breaker on its own.

Offline corbe

Trump will be there in his Surrogate~Vivek. 
   He's about to meet his Maker for the first time in DeSantis.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
   Trump will be there in his Surrogate~Vivek. 
   He's about to meet his Maker for the first time in DeSantis.

I think you're right.  What record does Ramsy have? None whatsoever.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hope they dog the missing dude often.   Chicken shit grifter and soon  to be convict.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Like when the Flash asked Bruce Wayne what his super power was and Wayne replied "I'm rich". What we don't need is a another narcissistic billionaire with absolutely no experience in government let alone ever having held higher office, that would just be Trump part deux.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

That guy is all intellect/theory with no consistent record of clearly grounded principles to hold that intellect in check.  Guy could very easily be the Earl Warren of the Presidency.

Offline corbe

He's another obammy, placed here at this opportune time by whoms name I won't whisper.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That guy is all intellect/theory with no consistent record of clearly grounded principles to hold that intellect in check.  Guy could very easily be the Earl Warren of the Presidency.
Ooh. Excellent analogy.

It makes you think, what the HELL was President Eisenhower thinking? I mean, this was the guy who put Under God into the Pledge of Allegiance and In God We Trust on our money... but he thought so highly of Warren and William Brennan that he bypassed the Senate and slipped both onto the court by way of recess appointments.

Those two ended up doing pretty much the exact opposite of what Eisenhower did as President.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ooh. Excellent analogy.

It makes you think, what the HELL was President Eisenhower thinking? I mean, this was the guy who put Under God into the Pledge of Allegiance and In God We Trust on our money... but he thought so highly of Warren and William Brennan that he bypassed the Senate and slipped both onto the court by way of recess appointments.

Those two ended up doing pretty much the exact opposite of what Eisenhower did as President.
  And by the way, this is the kind of nuanced discussion in which you will almost never hear the typical Trump cheerleader engage. Which isn't to say they're simple-minded... but at least their approach to politics is.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

He's another obammy, placed here at this opportune time by whoms name I won't whisper.

Starts with an S... and ends with **ck that guy...

Offline roamer_1

And by the way, this is the kind of nuanced discussion in which you will almost never hear the typical Trump cheerleader engage. Which isn't to say they're simple-minded... but at least their approach to politics is.

Again... It won't fit on a bumper sticker... and I have been told, therefore, it doesn't matter...  :whistle:

Offline corbe

I heard the RNC is the official sponsor of this drink. :cool:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It's populism.  So you don't discuss ideas because it all boils down to "us" v. "the elites".

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
DeSantis has a top flight debate coach. As long as he can parrot his lines he'll do fine.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

Trump debated Chris Christie in his preparation for hellary in 16.   *****rollingeyes*****