Author Topic: Mitt Romney says he’ll make a Senate reelection decision by the fall  (Read 447 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Mitt Romney says he’ll make a Senate reelection decision by the fall

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) said on Monday that he will decide on whether to run for a second term in 2024 by this fall as multiple Republican contenders are poised to compete for the seat.

“I’ll be making that decision sometime this fall,” Romney told KUTV 2News in Salt Lake. “Haven’t made a final decision yet, but my decision will be based on whether I think I can get things done for the people of Utah.”

The Utah Republican has become a top critic of former President Donald Trump, potentially threatening his reelection campaign as the state carried the current GOP front-runner in 2016 and 2020.

“I don’t go to Washington to make noise,” Romney said. “I go to Washington to get things done.”

While Romney weighs a bid to run again, the Utah senator is polling favorably in his home state. A recent poll by Noble Predictive Insights showed nearly 30% of voters would support Romney in a hypothetical matchup with other Republican candidates.

A hefty fundraising haul could indicate that Romney is gearing up for a competitive race, bringing in over $1 million in contributions to his campaign from April through June.

Republican Riverton Mayor Trent Stagg was the first candidate to launch a bid opposing him in next year's primary, often throwing jabs at Romney for his lack of presence in Utah. .............

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/mitt-romney-make-senate-reelection-decision-by-this-fall
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Mitt Romney says he’ll make a Senate reelection decision by the fall
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 10:02:48 pm »
He's waiting to see what the polls say a little further down the line.

If his primary opponents start to get real traction... he'll bow out and fade away.

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 10:03:00 pm »
How big of him...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 10:25:24 pm »
Yeah, can hardly wait for his announcement.   :yawn2:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 10:56:17 pm »
Reading around the web Romney received 65% favorability with Utah democrats last year.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2023, 11:48:27 am »
“I don’t go to Washington to make noise,” Romney said. “I go to Washington to get things done.”

Other than acting as a democrat stalking horse, what have you actually gotten done?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2023, 04:47:22 pm »
Reading around the web Romney received 65% favorability with Utah democrats last year.

There are about 7 Dems in Utah....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023, 04:53:06 pm »
He would be 83 at the end of his next term.  No thanks.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2023, 04:55:14 pm »
Time to pack it in Willard.  Your time is up.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2023, 05:14:08 pm »
There are about 7 Dems in Utah....

Still...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2023, 06:07:47 pm »
Still...

That was before the Californians invaded Utah.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien