Author Topic: WSJ editorial board: Trump has ‘more baggage than the British royals’  (Read 318 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 WSJ editorial board: Trump has ‘more baggage than the British royals’
by Olafimihan Oshin - 08/21/23 1:57 PM ET

The Wall Street Journal editorial board questioned former President Trump’s decision to skip the first GOP presidential debate this week, pointing to the former president’s four indictments and suggesting he has “more baggage than the British royals.”

The editorial board wrote that Trump’s decision to skip Wednesday’s debate comes as Trump “thinks Republicans will nominate him for a third time without a real contest,” with the newspaper board questioning the message the former president is sending to GOP voters.

“Republican voters often say they like that Mr. Trump is a fighter, but for whom is he fighting? Them, or himself? He would carry into the general election more baggage than the British royals,” the editorial states. “Yet Mr. Trump expects GOP voters to nominate him without so much as a primary debate, much less a real nominating contest.”

“There are still five months before the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary, and perhaps Mr. Trump’s presumption is mistaken,” the op-ed concluded. “But political parties have made repeated nominations in the past in thrall to one man and suffered repeated losses for it.”

Trump announced Sunday that he will not attend the first Republican debate in Milwaukee, and signaled he planned to skip future debates as well.

The Journal editorial board wrote that the GOP is on track “to nominate, for the third time, a man who has been indicted four times on 91 felony counts.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4162609-wsj-editorial-board-trump-has-more-baggage-than-the-british-royals/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I don't believe a lot of WSJ readers were planning on voting for Trump anyway.

Offline mountaineer

suggesting he has “more baggage than the British royals.”
I thought Paris Hilton held that title.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

More baggage than Harry and Markle?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don't believe a lot of WSJ readers were planning on voting for Trump anyway.

I am pretty much the typical WSJ subscriber, and wouldn't urinate on Tump if he was on fire.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

I thought Paris Hilton held that title.

:silly:

She'd like to hold that title, methinks!