Author Topic: Another Way for New York City to Limit the Migrant Fallout  (Read 282 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another Way for New York City to Limit the Migrant Fallout
« on: August 21, 2023, 02:14:32 pm »
Another Way for New York City to Limit the Migrant Fallout
The Feds must enforce health-related requirements of the immigration law

By Hart Celler on August 17, 2023

New York is drowning in migrants. Sure, it only has, at last count, about 100,000 more that it knows of since Joe Biden was inaugurated (only 11,500 of them bused by the State of Texas, since it started sending them the year before). That’s out of a city of 8,335,897, down almost a half-million people from the 2020 Decennial Census, which perhaps unironically the city claims was approximately equal to its “undocumented population” in 2017.

Still, the number of aliens appearing in the Big Apple as part of the Biden border surge is not insignificant, since the majority, besides being unlawfully present (read: not paroled-in), are arriving almost universally unhoused, hungry, and legally unemployable.

The Center’s George Fishman questioned recently whether New York City could use the 1996 Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA) to mitigate the migrant crisis it finds itself in, especially concerning its obligations to provide housing to them.

I would argue there’s an additional way that the city could relieve the burden Biden’s border crisis has imposed on it – demand the federal government fulfill the health-related responsibilities imposed on it by the immigration law.

https://cis.org/Celler/Another-Way-New-York-City-Limit-Migrant-Fallout
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Another Way for New York City to Limit the Migrant Fallout
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 02:16:09 pm »
There isn't a snowball's chance in hell they will do this!  If they cared about the health of American citizens, they would have watched this from the start! :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Another Way for New York City to Limit the Migrant Fallout
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 02:43:56 pm »
The law?  The law is just words on a piece of paper.  Without enforcement, it's a waste of paper and ink.

NYC needs to start busing illegal migrants to Connecticut, New Jersey, and Massachusetts.

Spread the pain to more Blue States.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.