Author Topic: Pro-DeSantis PAC savages Trump for failure to probe Hillary Clinton  (Read 212 times)

Offline Kamaji

Pro-DeSantis PAC savages Trump for failure to probe Hillary Clinton

By Ryan King
August 21, 2023

A super PAC aligned with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is roasting Donald Trump in a new commercial for reneging on his vow to investigate Hillary Clinton following his 2016 election victory.

In the spot titled, “Forget It,” the Never Back Down PAC attacks the 77-year-old former president, who promised last week to appoint a special counsel to go after the Biden family over first son Hunter’s influence-peddling activities.

The ad includes footage from Trump’s second 2016 debate against Clinton, in which he said: “I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation.”

At the time, the former first lady and senator from New York was under fire for using a personal email server to conduct government business — including sending and receiving classified information — while secretary of state.

At that same debate, Trump told Clinton: “We’re going to look into it. Because you know what? People have been — their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you’ve done. And it’s a disgrace. And honestly, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/21/pro-desantis-pac-savages-trump-for-failure-to-appoint-prosecutor-against-hillary-clinton/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Pro-DeSantis PAC savages Trump for failure to probe Hillary Clinton
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 05:39:41 pm »
I don't like this.  I don't think many swing voters are going to like the idea of a President they could elect in 2024 focusing on 2016 dirt on Hillary.   Although the fact that this is just an independent PAC ad and not DeSantis himself saying that makes it tougher to tied the as to DeSantis himself.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 05:44:20 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

Re: Pro-DeSantis PAC savages Trump for failure to probe Hillary Clinton
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 05:53:13 pm »
I don't like this.  I don't think many swing voters are going to like the idea of a President they could elect in 2024 focusing on 2016 dirt on Hillary.   Although the fact that this is just an independent PAC ad and not DeSantis himself saying that makes it tougher to tied the as to DeSantis himself.

But it does call into question the “drain  the swamp” claim from Trump and his supporters
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy