Author Topic: General: China military threats drive missile defense buildup on Guam  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

General: China military threats drive missile defense buildup on Guam

By Bill Gertz - The Washington Times - Thursday, August 17, 2023
The Pentagon is engaged in a crash program to build up missile defenses on Guam based on growing concerns of possible missile attacks from China, the Army general in charge of missile defense for the Indo-Pacific command said Thursday.

Army Maj. Gen. Brian Gibson, head of a missile defense command in Hawaii where Indo-Pacific Command is located, said the strategic Pacific island is considered part of the U.S. homeland that must be defended from the alarming buildup of military forces by China.

“The PRC is trying to continue to impose their will throughout the [U.S. military area of responsibility] on things they believe they lay claim to,” Gen. Gibson said, using the acronym for People’s Republic of China during an online conference. “The activities and the growth of the PRC alone – my words – remain shocking,” he added. The conference was hosted by the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/aug/17/general-china-military-threats-drive-missile-defen/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson