Author Topic: Department of Labor Details Surge in Child Labor  (Read 224 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Department of Labor Details Surge in Child Labor
« on: August 21, 2023, 02:11:32 pm »
Department of Labor Details Surge in Child Labor

PUBLISHED:  Mon, AUG 21st 2023 @ 9:34 am EDT  by  Jared Culver
After The New York Times documented extensive child labor trafficking and exposed that Biden Administration officials both knew about it and tried to cover it up, the Department of Labor (DOL) started a task force to clean up the mess they made. The DOL has now released an update on their work one day after both Secretary Mayorkas of Homeland Security and Secretary Becerra of Health and Human Services testified on Capitol Hill. The convenient timing of these inconvenient truths demands dragging all the Biden officials involved right back to Congress for a proper accounting. The DOL claims there has been a 69% increase in child labor from 2018 to 2022. This coincides with the opening of the border to the billion dollar cartel trafficking industry. The DOL further reports:

“The department’s Wage and Hour Division has significantly enhanced child labor enforcement efforts. Between Oct. 1, 2022 and July 20, 2023, as a result of this stepped-up enforcement, the agency concluded 765 child labor cases finding 4,474 children employed in violation of federal child labor laws and assessed employers with more than $6.6 million in penalties. These cases reflect a 44 percent increase in children found employed in violation of federal law and an 87 percent increase in penalties assessed from the same time period in the previous fiscal year. In addition, the agency is currently pursuing more than 700 open child labor cases.”

How about that? If you start actually investigating employers, you find violators. Callous to the tragedy of migrant kids being trafficked for cartel and corporate profit, Secretary Becerra covered this up for years and let many children suffer for his public relations benefit.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/department-labor-details-surge-child-labor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Department of Labor Details Surge in Child Labor
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 02:21:42 pm »
Again, employer penalties was one of the provisions of Immigration Reform Act of 1986/1987.

Public-stock companies outsource to Pirate Equity and Vulture Capital owned private firms to hire the child laborers to deflect liability.

One of the evils of Open Borders is that there are persons, companies, and organizations that will exploit illegal immigrants for profit and other reasons.

Secure the damn border.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.