Author Topic: Pentagon facing ammunition crisis – WaPo  (Read 285 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon facing ammunition crisis – WaPo
« on: August 20, 2023, 05:31:53 pm »
20 Aug, 2023 16:40

Pentagon facing ammunition crisis – WaPo
A shortage of raw materials has left the US scrambling to restock its arsenal as the Ukraine conflict drags on

Ukrainian soldier prepares shells for artillery in Donetsk ©  Getty Images / Diego Herrera Carcedo
The US Department of Defense is having trouble keeping up with the demands of the Ukraine conflict, the Washington Post reported on Saturday, warning that failure to sustain current production levels could jeopardize security on the home front.

US military contractors are soon expected to double the rate of standard NATO artillery round production recorded prior to the current phase of the conflict. However, even churning out 28,000 shells per month is insufficient to satisfy what the outlet called “Ukraine’s astonishing hunger for artillery ammunition,” let alone shore up depleted reserves at home.

A shortage of raw materials – particularly the explosive TNT, which the US no longer produces – has hampered the Pentagon’s efforts to restock its own arsenal, which has been severely depleted by its support for Ukraine. Washington currently obtains much of its TNT from Poland but has been searching for new suppliers, including in Japan, after losing production partner Zarya when the region where the factory was located voted to become part of Russia in last year’s referendum. 

https://www.rt.com/news/581547-pentagon-struggles-ammunition-ukraine-materials/
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 05:33:09 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Pentagon facing ammunition crisis – WaPo
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 05:12:50 am »
Sure does show them where the holes are in the supply chain, all the vulnerabilities.

Maybe, just maybe it's time for the adults to push the green weenies aside a bit and start some vital industry going here?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis