Author Topic: Chicago gangs asked not to shoot guns during daytime  (Read 386 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago gangs asked not to shoot guns during daytime
« on: August 20, 2023, 04:48:19 pm »

AMERICAN NEWS Aug 19, 2023
Chicago gangs asked not to shoot guns during daytime
"We have to start somewhere."

The Post Millennial
Aug 19, 2023
2 Minute Read

A community group has asked Chicago's many gangs to refrain from engaging in gunfights during daylight hours. Rogers Park based Native Sons urged would-be shooters to hold off on pulling the trigger between 9 am and 9 pm in an effort to improve safety in the crime-riddled city.

Gang violence has led to a spike in shootings across Chicago as of late with rival gangs operating at all times of the day. Native Sons expressed hope that by adhering to their proposal, which they refer to as "The People’s Ordinance," ordinary people won't have to worry about getting caught in the crossfire at certain times of the day.

"We have to start somewhere," Native Sons co-founder Tatiana Atkins told CWBChicago. "Our goal is to approach our city’s gun violence problem strategically and not all at once. Things didn't become this way overnight, and change won't happen overnight."

https://thepostmillennial.com/chicago-gangs-asked-not-to-shoot-guns-during-daytime
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Chicago gangs asked not to shoot guns during daytime
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 04:49:43 pm »
Gang members must have peed their pants laughing when they saw this "request." :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 05:28:46 am »
I think I see your problem, there, Chiraq. The city has terminal stupidity.

Shooting only in the dark would mean more misidentified targets, more 'civilian' wounded and killed, and more blood feuds.

Maybe they hoped the gangstas would die laughing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 05:59:27 pm »
It’s obvious who is in charge of Chicago
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy