Author Topic: LTG Chris Donahue Violated The Ranger Creed When He Abandoned Americans In Afghanistan In August 202  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
LTG Chris Donahue Violated The Ranger Creed When He Abandoned Americans In Afghanistan In August 2021
By John Hughes
August 14, 2023

US Army Rangers and graduates of the Ranger School are made to memorize and internalize the Ranger Creed. One of the last stanzas is as follows:

“I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.”

An infantry officer before I became an Army doctor, I graduated from Ranger School and tried to live my life by the famous creed. Two years ago, many Americans looked in horror at the debacle that unfolded in Afghanistan as the security collapsed in Afghanistan and the last refuge of potential safety was the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul. As the situation deteriorated, then MG Christopher Donahue was sent to take charge of the security at the airport during the evacuation.

https://armedforces.press/ltg-chris-donahue-violated-the-ranger-creed-when-he-abandoned-americans-in-afghanistan-in-august-2021/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson