Author Topic: Defense: Marine believed missing teen found in his Camp Pendleton barracks was at least 21  (Read 239 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Defense: Marine believed missing teen found in his Camp Pendleton barracks was at least 21
Story by Teri Figueroa •

A Camp Pendleton Marine accused of having sex with a missing 14-year-old girl found in his barracks believed she was in her early 20s, his defense attorneys argued Thursday.

An attorney for Pfc. Avery Rosario said their client met the girl on Tinder, a dating app for adults, where her profile said she was 21 years old, the attorney argued during a brief preliminary hearing in a military courtroom at Camp Pendleton.

The argument by the defense capped a brief hearing in which no witnesses were called, and much of the evidence — which includes conversations on Tinder and Instagram — was filed directly with the Marine colonel tasked with recommending whether the Marine should face court martial for allegations of sex with a minor.

Military prosecutors filed 18 pieces of evidence, including the girl's Tinder profile and conversations she and the Marine had on the app. Defense evidence included direct messages between their client and the girl.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/defense-marine-believed-missing-teen-found-in-his-camp-pendleton-barracks-was-at-least-21/ar-AA1fpNQQ
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
14 or 21, I'm aware of no regulations in the military which approves sneaking someone on base and hiding them in the barracks to have sex.  One could surmise he knew he was doing something wrong.   :03:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
14 or 21, I'm aware of no regulations in the military which approves sneaking someone on base and hiding them in the barracks to have sex.  One could surmise he knew he was doing something wrong.   :03:

He had a plan.  Just not a good plan.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@rangerrebew

I can't even begin to guess HOW he managed to smuggle her into a barracks and hide her for even 1 day. MAYBE if he was a SSG or higher rank with a private room with it's own bath,but even that would be tough. After all,she wasn't a prisoner that was kept chained to the plumbing and with a gag in her mouth,was she?

If she was,I want to read that SOB has been convicted rape,rape of a minor,kidnapping,and torture,and sentenced to death.

I would also like to buy a ticket to his execution to make sure it happens.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 04:05:28 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!