Author Topic: DeSantis Makes 'Listless Vessels' Comment That Sends Team Trump Into Orbit  (Read 7269 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@libertybele

Thanks!

Today is a little better than yesterday. Actually made it down to the shopping center to feed the stray cats today. My ex has been doing this for me for the last week or so.

Been sleeping like a clubbed baby seal.

Go to see my regular heart doc on Tuesday,IIRC. Was seeing him a long time before the heart attack last week.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How is that different from DeSantis?  Granted, Cruz has been a politician for longer than has DeSantis, but you seem to consider that a negative rather than a positive.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Cruz isn't whiny little bitch looking for attention.

It's Trump.  Cruz obviously wouldn't want to put himself and his wife/family through the public insults and degradation they had to endure from Trump in the 2016 campaign.

Yeah,causen Cruz is such a delicate little flower,and afraid of conflict,right?

Now,Cruz MIGHT not be running because he thinks Trump has it sewn up and it would be a waste of his time and money,but it damn sure doesn't have anything to do with not being able to handle the heat,and to deal it out if neccessary.

I understand that you like Cruz - I do as well and voted for him in the 2016 primaries.  But what I don't quite understand is that he is everything that you hate and compln about here as being the worst people to have in government: he is an Ivy League lawyer and a (mostly) career politician/political appointee.

AND???????? Does everyone fit into the same box with you? Ted Cruz is a VERY competent and VERY smart career politician,and we need a few like him to help keep the slackers in line.

I also have no doubt his prime goal as a career politician is to serve America,NOT himself. Anybody that thinks he is too stupid to earn big-bucks outside of the Senate just hasn't been paying attention.

If DeSantis is "the same old thing", then Cruz is even more so.

HorseHillary! You are not THAT freaking stoopid as to actually believe that. You  are just trying to "score points for the home team".

In terms of policies they've supported, neither is more or less conservative than the other.

Opinions are like Democrats,and that one is yours. I will ask you "How many political U-Turns has Cruz made?"

So I don't quite get the hatred towards the one, but an acknowledgement that he'd be a good President to the other

That's because you don't mind supporting a backstabbing little bitch.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Justin Hart
@justin_hart

MAGA: “That’s insulting. We don’t sit around waiting to follow Truth Social posts!”

Also Maga:

So, you're now agreeing Ronny was intentionally insulting Trump's supporters ---- ending all hopes of ever going to the Oval Office as other than a busboy?

(Just trying to keep up with the spin  :laugh:)

@mountaineer

Online mountaineer

So, you're now agreeing Ronny was intentionally insulting Trump's supporters ---- ending all hopes of ever going to the Oval Office as other than a busboy?

(Just trying to keep up with the spin  :laugh:)
No, I'm not. Perhaps you should try to keep up.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

@libertybele

Thanks!

Today is a little better than yesterday. Actually made it down to the shopping center to feed the stray cats today. My ex has been doing this for me for the last week or so.

Been sleeping like a clubbed baby seal.

Go to see my regular heart doc on Tuesday,IIRC. Was seeing him a long time before the heart attack last week.

Good @sneakypete -- one day at a time and a little better each day here and there.  Eventually you'll build your strength back up.  Sleep is needed to heal.  I hope your doc appt. goes well. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Trump supporters are never going to vote for DeSantis even if he wins the primary. DeSantis supporters are never going to vote for Trump if he wins the primary. What now?
8:53 AM · Aug 20, 2023
Posted as food for thought. Not an endorsement.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 10:13:20 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Trump supporters are never going to vote for DeSantis even if he wins the primary. DeSantis supporters are never going to vote for Trump if he wins the primary. What now?

House and Senate races

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 10:17:16 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray

It's not that DeSantis supporters are never going to vote for Trump.  It's that Conservatives are never going to vote for a Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray

TRUE. And the basis for my thought that Tumpy will win the primary, but lose the general.
And I am already ready for four more years of liberals in fire hose mode.

Until all y'all are ready to come together under Conservative principles and fight together, there will be nothing.

Right now, that's Desantis. And nothing else will do.

Offline Kamaji

It's not that DeSantis supporters are never going to vote for Trump.  It's that Conservatives are never going to vote for a Democrat.

If that's the case, then we can thank Trump and his worshippers for the divide.  I have seen plenty more Trump true believers say they will never vote for anyone else than I have seen DeSantis supporters refusing to vote for anyone else.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

Now,Cruz MIGHT not be running because he thinks Trump has it sewn up and it would be a waste of his time and money,but it damn sure doesn't have anything to do with not being able to handle the heat,and to deal it out if neccessary.

I'm quite sure Cruz is more than capable of handling anything directed at him personally. It's the insults calling his wife fat and his father involved in JFK's murder that I don't think he cares to relive.

AND???????? Does everyone fit into the same box with you? Ted Cruz is a VERY competent and VERY smart career politician,and we need a few like him to help keep the slackers in line.

No, but then I'm not the one who has previously made blanket condemnations of Ivy League lawyers.   Some are horrible, some art.  Which is why I don't think it's a relevant reason to slam someone.  And just for the record, I didn't go to an Ivy League school.

I also have no doubt his prime goal as a career politician is to serve America,NOT himself. Anybody that thinks he is too stupid to earn big-bucks outside of the Senate just hasn't been paying attention.

True..and equally true of DeSantis.  DeSantis is a self-made guy who earned his way into Yale, just as Cruz earned his way into Harvard.  No legacy, no affirmative action, just brains.  DeSantis could, just like Cruz, have earned mega-big bucks outside of politics.  Heck, as a first year associate at a major firm, with his pedigree, he'd have earned more than he makes now, 20 years later, as Governor of Florida.

Neither one of them chose the career path of an Ivy League lawyer motivated primarily by money.  They are both conservative to the core and believe in what they are doing.

Literally your only gripe with DeSantis is that he has the temerity to be one of 8 or so challenging Trump for the nomination.

Offline Hoodat

If that's the case, then we can thank Trump and his worshippers for the divide.  I have seen plenty more Trump true believers say they will never vote for anyone else than I have seen DeSantis supporters refusing to vote for anyone else.

You got that right.  I don't know how many times I've heard Trump zealots exclaim how they didn't need me or my vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Maybe there are some out there, but I literally haven't heard a single DeSantis supporter say they won't vote for anyone but him.   Even the ones like me who won't vote for Trump would still vote for just about any of the other GOP candidates.

Except perhaps Ramaswamy.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 10:59:08 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline berdie

For those on such a ship, does the destination really matter? Just ride the next current that takes the ship wherever it happens to lead. Perhaps being on the ship is the point, not the destination?

Well said. I really believe that's it in a well worded post.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good @sneakypete -- one day at a time and a little better each day here and there.  Eventually you'll build your strength back up.  Sleep is needed to heal.  I hope your doc appt. goes well.

@libertybele

Thanks!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

What will be,will be.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat

Really?

Ever heard the name "Bush" before this?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm quite sure Cruz is more than capable of handling anything directed at him personally. It's the insults calling his wife fat and his father involved in JFK's murder that I don't think he cares to relive.

No, but then I'm not the one who has previously made blanket condemnations of Ivy League lawyers.

@Maj. Bill Martin

And WHO would that be?

True..and equally true of DeSantis.  DeSantis is a self-made guy who earned his way into Yale, just as Cruz earned his way into Harvard.  No legacy, no affirmative action, just brains.  DeSantis could, just like Cruz, have earned mega-big bucks outside of politics.  Heck, as a first year associate at a major firm, with his pedigree, he'd have earned more than he makes now, 20 years later, as Governor of Florida.

Neither one of them chose the career path of an Ivy League lawyer motivated primarily by money.  They are both conservative to the core and believe in what they are doing.

Literally your only gripe with DeSantis is that he has the temerity to be one of 8 or so challenging Trump for the nomination.

Close,but  no cigar. He stabbed Trump in the back after Trump campaigned for him and got him the nomination. If he will do that to the guy that saved his political career,he will do it to every single one of us,given the chance.

A backstabbing weasel is a backstabbing weasel,and since he has stabbed Trump in the back,he has proven himself to be a universal weasel capable of telling any lie and stabbing any back.

Or are you drawn in by his "smile and laughter"?

Offline Hoodat

Close,but  no cigar. He stabbed Trump in the back after Trump campaigned for him and got him the nomination. If he will do that to the guy that saved his political career,he will do it to every single one of us,given the chance.

A backstabbing weasel is a backstabbing weasel,and since he has stabbed Trump in the back .  .  .

You have been making this claim for months now.  Yet each and every time you have been challenged to point out how Trump's back was stabbed, you come up empty.  Doesn't it bother you that you have no idea whether or not this is true, yet you keep saying it?  Why do you think that is?  Are you simply repeating what you heard someone else say with no clue what it actually means?

Quoting me twice in one post.  You flatter me @mountaineer    ***blushing***

Offline Hoodat

Kamala gets quoted a lot, too.  You are in good company.

Offline Kamaji

"Stabbed in the back" - the same scurrilous excuse made by Democrats and Nazis.

Maybe there are some out there, but I literally haven't heard a single DeSantis supporter say they won't vote for anyone but him.

If "out there" includes only TBR, you're missing a significant percent of RDS supporters who feel this way.  You're right they don't say "I won't vote for anyone but DeSantis" ---- they come from the other corner with the assurance they will never vote for Trump.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
"Stabbed in the back" - the same scurrilous excuse made by Democrats and Nazis.

It is too early in this thread to go Godwin.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley