Author Topic: DeSantis Makes 'Listless Vessels' Comment That Sends Team Trump Into Orbit  (Read 7245 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How so?  It sounds spot on accurate to me.

No surprise there.

How else to explain supporting Big Government policies, reckless spending, Swamp backing Trump while pending to back Conservative ideals?  It isn't rational.

What isn't  rational is you and your bubbas.

But....,you just keep voting for the same old Party People over and over while hoping for change if that's what flips  your skirts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

This guy is nothing but a stalking horse for the orange felon.  The RNC needs to remove some of these ass kissers and let them have a VP debate.  If DeSantis is going to defend Trump he can be included in that list.

:amen:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

DeSantis wasn't dissing Trump supporters. He was speaking to all Republicans, in essence saying we shouldn't take all our cues from what we see on social media. But if the shoe fits, I guess ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
DeSantis wasn't dissing Trump supporters. He was speaking to all Republicans, in essence saying we shouldn't take all our cues from what we see on social media. But if the shoe fits, I guess ...

Then he shouldn't have named Truth Social. An amorphous reference would have been better.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

No surprise there.

But....,you just keep voting for the same old Party People over and over while hoping for change if that's what flips  your skirts.

@sneakypete
Change for change's sake is irrational. Especially when that change is toward big government.

As is your accusation, when every one of these 'bubbas' are small government minded and that to a TEA.
TEA Party is actual change, and real reform. And y'all are on the wrong side of that.

As far from that as possible. Diametrically opposed to that, in the change you endorse.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Then he shouldn't have named Truth Social. An amorphous reference would have been better.

I do think it was an aimed shot, and the Truth Social reference was not an accident.  Again, not at all Trump supporters.  Just those who have gotten to the point where they support whatever he says.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

No surprise there.

How is DeSantis any more of a "party person than is, say , Ted Cruz?

Online Hoodat

Here's your Party person, along with his Party chief-of-staff.

The hypocrisy never ends with Trump zealots.  Trump has been in bed with the GOP Swamp ever since he saved Mitch McConnell from being primaried.  He appoints the head of that Swamp to run his cabinet.  Yet his supporters accuse us of being party hacks?  Stop lying already.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

Justin Hart
@justin_hart

MAGA: “That’s insulting. We don’t sit around waiting to follow Truth Social posts!”

Also Maga:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
No surprise there.

So let's vote for the same guy that failed the last time.

Y'all have ZERO room to accuse anyone of following the same ol' same ol' when you're literally voting for the same ol' same ol' for the third election in a row.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Stop trying to change the topic of this thread @corbe   I understand your panic is pushing you to do so, but please resist it.
Oh, so we're implying others' motives now? OK, paid operative. I will again ask you to reveal who's paying you to do this.

In the meantime, your temper tantrum is only proving DeSantis right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How is DeSantis any more of a "party person than is, say , Ted Cruz?

@Maj. Bill Martin

Given they are technically both  "career party creatures",technically,there isn't any differences.

Cruz IS an established political figure though,and we all pretty much know where he stands on most of the issues important to us.

He is also "scary smart" and not someone the other pols want to piss off and be forced to debate.

I confess to actually being a Ted Cruz fan,but there SEEMS to be something in his background that keeps him from making a serious run for the WH. Don't know for sure what it is,and don't really care because he is doing us all a service by doing what he is doing as a US Senator.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 06:43:18 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Here's your Party person, along with his Party chief-of-staff.

The hypocrisy never ends with Trump zealots.  Trump has been in bed with the GOP Swamp ever since he saved Mitch McConnell from being primaried.  He appoints the head of that Swamp to run his cabinet.  Yet his supporters accuse us of being party hacks?  Stop lying already.

@Hoodat

Lame. Trump severed a total of 4 years in elective office out of 70+ years of life.

Your jealousy just knows no bounds,does it?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@Hoodat

Lame. Trump severed a total of 4 years in elective office out of 70+ years of life.

Your jealousy just knows no bounds,does it?
It's telling you place jealousy as a greater sin than greed.

Online libertybele

@Maj. Bill Martin

Given they are technically both  "career party creatures",technically,there isn't any differences.

Cruz IS an established political figure though,and we all pretty much know where he stands on most of the issues important to us.

He is also "scary smart" and not someone the other pols want to piss off and be forced to debate.

I confess to actually being a Ted Cruz fan,but there SEEMS to be something in his background that keeps him from making a serious run for the WH. Don't know for sure what it is,and don't really care because he is doing us all a service by doing what he is doing as a US Senator.

Hi @sneakypete   How are you feeling?  Resting up??  4-6 weeks of taking it easy is important.  Please try not to get yourself worked up. It raises your heart rate.  (Yep, I'm a mother hen).  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LadyLiberty

A ship without a rudder.  Aimless, on Swamp autopilot, blaming everyone else when the ship does not reach its destination.

For those on such a ship, does the destination really matter? Just ride the next current that takes the ship wherever it happens to lead. Perhaps being on the ship is the point, not the destination?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@

How is that different from DeSantis?  Granted, Cruz has been a politician for longer than has DeSantis, but you seem to consider that a negative rather than a positive.

I confess to actually being a Ted Cruz fan,but there SEEMS to be something in his background that keeps him from making a serious run for the WH. Don't know for sure what it is, and don't really care because he is doing us all a service by doing what he is doing as a US Senator.

It's Trump.  Cruz obviously wouldn't want to put himself and his wife/family through the public insults and degradation they had to endure from Trump in the 2016 campaign.

I understand that you like Cruz - I do as well and voted for him in the 2016 primaries.  But what I don't quite understand is that he is everything that you hate and compln about here as being the worst people to have in government: he is an Ivy League lawyer and a (mostly) career politician/political appointee.  If DeSantis is "the same old thing", then Cruz is even more so.  In terms of policies they've supported, neither is more or less conservative than the other.

So I don't quite get the hatred towards the one, but an acknowledgement that he'd be a good President to the other

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

For those on such a ship, does the destination really matter? Just ride the next current that takes the ship wherever it happens to lead. Perhaps being on the ship is the point, not the destination?

I think you nailed it.  They've invested so much hope in Trump because they love the way that he said things.  Giving up on Trump is giving up on their hope, so they ignore all the negative things he says and does because they want to keep that feeling of hope alive.

They'd rather go down with the ship than admit they were wrong about him.

Online Kamaji

I think you nailed it.  They've invested so much hope in Trump because they love the way that he said things.  Giving up on Trump is giving up on their hope, so they ignore all the negative things he says and does because they want to keep that feeling of hope alive.

They'd rather go down with the ship than admit they were wrong about him.

:thumbsup:

Online corbe

Someone has to provide the entertainment.   wink777

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

@Hoodat

Would you prefer to talk about the 48 years that Trump voted Dem?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's telling you place jealousy as a greater sin than greed.

@jmyrlefuller

ROFLMAO!

Jealousy and greed are brother and sister!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hi @sneakypete   How are you feeling?  Resting up??  4-6 weeks of taking it easy is important.  Please try not to get yourself worked up. It raises your heart rate.  (Yep, I'm a mother hen).  happy77

@libertybele

Thanks!

Today is a little better than yesterday. Actually made it down to the shopping center to feed the stray cats today. My ex has been doing this for me for the last week or so.

Been sleeping like a clubbed baby seal.

Go to see my regular heart doc on Tuesday,IIRC. Was seeing him a long time before the heart attack last week.

Online Hoodat

I confess to actually being a Ted Cruz fan,but there SEEMS to be something in his background that keeps him from making a serious run for the WH. Don't know for sure what it is, and don't really care because he is doing us all a service by doing what he is doing as a US Senator.

It's Trump.

Trump and the GOP Establishment.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-