Author Topic: DeSantis Makes 'Listless Vessels' Comment That Sends Team Trump Into Orbit  (Read 7307 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: DeSantis Makes 'Listless Vessels' Comment That Sends Team Trump Into Orbit
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2023, 11:49:23 pm »
It is too early in this thread to go Godwin.

If the shoe fits ....

Online Hoodat

« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2023, 11:51:49 pm »
It is too early in this thread to go Godwin.

Anyone bringing up Godwin is just like Hitler.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2023, 11:57:53 pm »
If "out there" includes only TBR, you're missing a significant percent of RDS supporters who feel this way.  You're right they don't say "I won't vote for anyone but DeSantis" ---- they come from the other corner with the assurance they will never vote for Trump.

Thank you for admitting the two are not the same.  Personally, I will vote for anyone Conservative.  If Trump chooses to be a Conservative, then he gets my vote.  Could care less about his cult status.

Of course I don't see that happening, primarily because of the lies I get bombarded with from his most loyal cultists.  At least in 2016, there were one or two who gave me bogus narratives about how Trump was going to get rid of baseline budgeting.  They at least could talk the talk.  But today, I get nothing but contempt and false claims and accusations from that side.  If you want my vote, that is going to have to change.  But then you know that already.  Yet all I get is a continuation of the latter.

If by some miracle of God, Donald Trump showed some humility, that would go a long way towards his goal of regaining the Presidency.  But instead, he just keeps going further and further to the Democrat side.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2023, 11:57:58 pm »
You have been making this claim for months now.  Yet each and every time you have been challenged to point out how Trump's back was stabbed, you come up empty. Doesn't it bother you that you have no idea whether or not this is true, yet you keep saying it? Why do you think that is?  Are you simply repeating what you heard someone else say with no clue what it actually means?

@Hoodat

Why would it bother me when I KNOW it to be true?

It's the DeSanctimonious groupies like  you that are shameless.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2023, 11:59:51 pm »
@Hoodat

Why would it bother me when I KNOW it to be true?

How is it true?  What was this 'back stabbing' act that precipitated Trump's attacks on DeSantis?  Because from what I've seen over the past nine months, you don't know Jack.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2023, 12:05:54 am »
If "out there" includes only TBR, you're missing a significant percent of RDS supporters who feel this way.  You're right they don't say "I won't vote for anyone but DeSantis" ---- they come from the other corner with the assurance they will never vote for Trump.
That should be your hint that he's the problem.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2023, 12:07:05 am »
@Hoodat

Really?

Ever heard the name "Bush" before this?

I don't recall any Bush stroking a check to Chuck Schumer or Kamala Harris.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2023, 12:07:38 am »
That should be your hint that he's the problem.

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, members of religious cults cannot ever see the truth, though it be at the very end of their nose.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2023, 12:11:03 am »
I don't recall any Bush stroking a check to Chuck Schumer or Kamala Harris.

@Hoodat

Ahhh,defending the Bush Crime Family!

Why does this not surprise me?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2023, 12:16:52 am »
Anyone bringing up Godwin is just like Hitler.

Asinine.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2023, 01:04:17 am »
@Hoodat

Why does this not surprise me?

Not at all.  Just showing the comparison that Trump is worse.  Which means that you are defending something worse than a Bush.  Because with all their faults, I would never have to worry about a Bush giving money to help Kamala Harris get elected.  And there is no way in hell that defending one who did give Kamala money is morally superior to that.

Online Hoodat

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2023, 01:31:48 am »
--- they come from the other corner with the assurance they will never vote for Trump.

Can't blame em for that...  :whistle:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2023, 01:45:37 am »
Thank you for admitting the two are not the same.  Personally, I will vote for anyone Conservative.  If Trump chooses to be a Conservative, then he gets my vote.  Could care less about his cult status.

Of course I don't see that happening, primarily because of the lies I get bombarded with from his most loyal cultists.  At least in 2016, there were one or two who gave me bogus narratives about how Trump was going to get rid of baseline budgeting.  They at least could talk the talk.  But today, I get nothing but contempt and false claims and accusations from that side.  If you want my vote, that is going to have to change.  But then you know that already.  Yet all I get is a continuation of the latter.

If by some miracle of God, Donald Trump showed some humility, that would go a long way towards his goal of regaining the Presidency.  But instead, he just keeps going further and further to the Democrat side.

I've stated what would change my mind regarding voting for Trump but I see him getting worse. His MAGA's tell us, for example, that he won't make the same mistakes as last time when it comes to choosing staff and appointments.

In reality, it will be worse. I can move past the COVID mistakes but the
loyalty vs competency  requirement will be intensified from his first term. From his perspective, I don't blame him but you don't run a country that way.

His supporters  blame others for his picks but it was ultimately Trump who chose them.
And that goes along with the massive deficits he's promising on top of already massive deficits

« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 02:12:21 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2023, 02:20:40 am »
I've stated what would change my mind regarding voting for Trump but I see him getting worse. His MAGA's tell us, for example, that he won't make the same mistakes as last time when it comes to choosing staff and appointments.

In reality, it will be worse. I can move past the COVID mistakes but the
loyalty vs competency  requirement will be intensified from his first term. From his perspective, I don't blame him but you don't run a country that way.

His supporters  blame others for his picks but it was ultimately Trump who chose them.
And that goes along with the massive deficits he's promising on top of already massive deficits

Trump at times has been more conservative then Bush Jr., and O'Bammy.  Even at that he is now attacking conservatives; I cannot give him a free pass.  It took everything I had in me to vote for him after he smeared Cruz - enough is enough.  I cannot get past him waiting till the 11th hour to push for $$ to build the wall nor will I give him a pass for not imposing the Insurrection Act to calm the riots.  That's not leadership.  That's weighing political options and votes.  Attacking other conservatives is counterproductive to the conservative movement. Not building the wall is a failed policy on his part; a policy that he campaigned on and what got him elected.

So, what would round 2 look like?? More of the same with no restraint whatsoever regardless because he doesn't have to worry about another election.

He needs to pick a conservative to pass the torch onto and stand behind them which I believe is the right thing to do for this country.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 02:22:27 am by libertybele »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2023, 05:41:09 am »
DeSantis is an exceptional Governor. It won't hurt me if he serves out his full term here in FL.

He must be considered the front runner for the GOP nomination assuming that one or several or many charges against Trump stick.

I'll vote for Trump should he be the eventual GOP, but I'd rather have someone who won't come with that many albatrosses around their neck, distracting from the work that needs to be done.

Right now, in my opinion, we need a military man at the helm.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 05:42:03 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2023, 02:43:05 pm »
I have zero problem with what does Santa said there.  In fact, it needed to be said.  And I hope he gets asked about it at the debate so that the principles he was defending can be discussed more openly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2023, 02:47:50 pm »
Not at all.  Just showing the comparison that Trump is worse.  Which means that you are defending something worse than a Bush.  Because with all their faults, I would never have to worry about a Bush giving money to help Kamala Harris get elected.  And there is no way in hell that defending one who did give Kamala money is morally superior to that.

@Hoodat

Go ahead and justify that brain fart using any method you can think of,but nobody is fooled. Not even you.l

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2023, 03:46:42 pm »
DeSantis is an exceptional Governor. It won't hurt me if he serves out his full term here in FL.

He must be considered the front runner for the GOP nomination assuming that one or several or many charges against Trump stick.

I'll vote for Trump should he be the eventual GOP, but I'd rather have someone who won't come with that many albatrosses around their neck, distracting from the work that needs to be done.

Right now, in my opinion, we need a military man at the helm.

That's  right. Except the voting for Tumpy part.
Hiya @Luis Gonzalez  :seeya:

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2023, 03:59:45 pm »

Oh that's rich.  Is Donnie RICO the underboss, or does he have has own crew?  Not just anybody's son-in-law gets $2 billion from the Saudis. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2023, 04:13:17 pm »
Oh that's rich.  Is Donnie RICO the underboss, or does he have has own crew?  Not just anybody's son-in-law gets $2 billion from the Saudis.

How many billions did Bush's buddies get from his made up Iraq war? The lying SOB should have been hung from the castle walls.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2023, 04:27:41 pm »
Listless vessels = deplorables or whatever it was that Obama said about the people who like guns? No. Nice try though.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2023, 04:30:14 pm »
How many billions did Bush's buddies get from his made up Iraq war? The lying SOB should have been hung from the castle walls.
Wait, so your argument isn't that the statement is nonsense or untrue, but....well he did it too!

And I have no trouble with anyone doing that being severely penalized, democrat, republicrat, whoever.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2023, 04:42:21 pm »
Several thoughts:

I see this as a very weak (no pun) phrase.  Not very comparable to Hillary just from that standpoint.  If anything Ron should be denounced for using weak words.

Why is Ron getting flak for this, but not the “butt-kissing” comment?  THAT is the tough part, and what I’ve been saying all along.  You have to kiss Trump’s butt or you are tossed in with the commie libs by the EverTrumpers and Trump.

Again, Ron is reacting, not acting out like Don.  And it is long after Don slung arrows.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.