Author Topic: Republican debate: Fox News plans to use video clips of Donald Trump while grilling his 2024 GOP riv  (Read 574 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican debate: Fox News plans to use video clips of Donald Trump while grilling his 2024 GOP rivals if he snubs the event for Tucker Carlson interview

Fox News is reportedly considering incorporating clips of Trump during debate
    Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum will host debate in Milwaukee on Wednesday
    'If he's not there, he'll still be there,' Baier said of Trump's plan to skip the event

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 15:53 EDT, 19 August 2023 | Updated: 16:14 EDT, 19 August 2023
Fox News is considering showing video clips of Donald Trump during questions to other candidates at the upcoming GOP presidential primary debate, according to a new report.

The network's anchors Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum will moderate the debate on Wednesday in Milwaukee, which Trump has told aides he plans to skip in favor of an online interview with Tucker Carlson, according to the New York Times.

It Trump does counter-program the debate by appearing with Carlson, a former Fox News host now at odds with his old bosses, it would set up an epic battle for viewers during the first major event of the primary season.

In response, the team at Fox is considering integrating video clips of Trump into their debate questions, and is preparing to ask other candidates about Trump's latest indictment in Georgia, according to the Times.

It's unclear exactly which clips they'll use - and if Fox is trying to entice Trump into making an appearance. 

'If he's not there, he'll still be there,' Baier told Politico this week, hinting at the network's strategy for a Trump no-show. 'In other words, he'll be a part of questioning.'

'There may be sound bites, there may be elements where 'this is what the leader of the primary says about this issue.' He'll be there, even if he's not there,' he added.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12424427/Republican-debate-Fox-News-Trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Republican debate: Fox News plans to use video clips of Donald Trump while grilling his 2024 GOP rivals if he snubs the event for Tucker Carlson interview

Fox News is reportedly considering incorporating clips of Trump during debate
    Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum will host debate in Milwaukee on Wednesday
    'If he's not there, he'll still be there,' Baier said of Trump's plan to skip the event

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 15:53 EDT, 19 August 2023 | Updated: 16:14 EDT, 19 August 2023
Fox News is considering showing video clips of Donald Trump during questions to other candidates at the upcoming GOP presidential primary debate, according to a new report.

The network's anchors Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum will moderate the debate on Wednesday in Milwaukee, which Trump has told aides he plans to skip in favor of an online interview with Tucker Carlson, according to the New York Times.

It Trump does counter-program the debate by appearing with Carlson, a former Fox News host now at odds with his old bosses, it would set up an epic battle for viewers during the first major event of the primary season.

In response, the team at Fox is considering integrating video clips of Trump into their debate questions, and is preparing to ask other candidates about Trump's latest indictment in Georgia, according to the Times.

It's unclear exactly which clips they'll use - and if Fox is trying to entice Trump into making an appearance. 

'If he's not there, he'll still be there,' Baier told Politico this week, hinting at the network's strategy for a Trump no-show. 'In other words, he'll be a part of questioning.'

'There may be sound bites, there may be elements where 'this is what the leader of the primary says about this issue.' He'll be there, even if he's not there,' he added.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12424427/Republican-debate-Fox-News-Trump.html

If Bair and McCollum aren't fans of Trump, they could edit film clips to make Trump look less than desirable. If they indeed use film clips, we'll certainly hear Trump whining and complaining.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If Bair and McCollum aren't fans of Trump, they could edit film clips to make Trump look less than desirable. If they indeed use film clips, we'll certainly hear Trump whining and complaining.

I won't! I'll promise you that! Fox has gone to the dark side and I refuse to watch now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I won't! I'll promise you that! Fox has gone to the dark side and I refuse to watch now.

I'll probably tune into the first few minutes or so of the debate out of curiosity just to see how it is being run. Then I'll decide from there.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What does it say about the ones on the stage that Fox thinks they -- combined -- bring neither the interest or revenue to carry a two hour debate without Donald Trump?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 02:50:55 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What does it say about the ones on the stage that Fox thinks they -- combined -- bring neither the interest or revenue to carry a two hour debate without Donald Trump?

Good point.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

This is BS.  I don't get FOX anyway, so I was depending on you Briefers to bring me the highlights anyway.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think it says more about Fox if they pull this crap, not those that agreed to debate and let Americans see them and their ideas....and a ton about Trump who won't face them to defend his record and tell us how he plans to succeed in a lasting way compared to his temporary successes his first term.

Online Hoodat

2015 all over again.  24/7 free press coverage for Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-