Author Topic: Vivek Ramaswamy Speaks About an 'American Revival'  (Read 412 times)

Offline Kamaji

Vivek Ramaswamy Speaks About an 'American Revival'
« on: August 19, 2023, 08:55:04 pm »
Vivek Ramaswamy Speaks About an 'American Revival'

By Chris Queen
August 19, 2023

The last 2024 GOP presidential hopeful to speak at Erick Erickson’s Gathering in Atlanta on Saturday was Vivek Ramaswamy. I’ll confess that he’s the top-tier candidate I knew the least about, but he sat with Erickson for a fascinating conversation.

Before introducing Ramaswamy, Erickson joked that he didn’t like the idea of a presidential candidate who is younger than he is — Ramaswamy just turned 38 — but the candidate spoke with polish and wisdom beyond his years. Erickson led off by asking Ramaswamy about the tragic fires in Maui, which PJ Media’s own Lincoln Brown reported were at least partially the result of government mismanagement.

“If we don’t learn from our mistakes, we’re destined to make them again,” Ramaswamy stated. “There was an Obama appointee, a climate change activist who also believes as part of this broader Gaia-centric world view of the earth that water rights are to be protected, which led to a five-to-six-hour delay in the critical window of getting waters to put out those fires, and we will never know, although certain signs point to the fact that we very well could have avoided those catastrophic deaths, many of them if water had made it to the site of the fires on top.”

Ramaswamy transitioned to talking about the invasion of wokeness into every part of our culture, including education and the military. He pointed to patriotism and faith as the way to make our way out of the cultural fights that rage in America today. The phrase that he returned to time and time again was “American revival.”

Source:  https://pjmedia.com/columns/chris-queen/2023/08/19/vivek-ramaswamy-speaks-about-an-american-revival-n1720536

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Vivek Ramaswamy Speaks About an 'American Revival'
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 12:42:45 am »
Two words that say "Make America Great Again", and avoid the whole git about slogan stealing.

This guy has a lot good to say.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 01:14:38 am »
Two words that say "Make America Great Again", and avoid the whole git about slogan stealing.

This guy has a lot good to say.

Yes, this guy tells people what they want to hear.  He is campaigning on fixing 'wokeness' the flavor of the day.

I'm not stating that I think what he is saying is wrong and there is a lot of substance to what he's saying.  However, who is he?  All we know is he is the son of immigrants (non-citizens) and received $$ from Soros. 

Sorry, I am absolutely skeptical of him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 01:16:50 am »
Yes, this guy tells people what they want to hear.  He is campaigning on fixing 'wokeness' the flavor of the day.

I'm not stating that I think what he is saying is wrong and there is a lot of substance to what he's saying.  However, who is he?  All we know is he is the son of immigrants (non-citizens) and received $$ from Soros. 

Me too @libertybele
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 01:40:35 am »
Interesting to hear a Hindu speak of faith.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 06:53:50 am »

Dear lady, I am skeptical of everyone.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 11:21:48 am »
Hard pass on Ramaswami.  He would reward Russia’s aggression in Ukraine and would stand aside as China attacks Taiwan.

Tread carefully with this one.