Author Topic: Biden Air Force Nominee Claimed ‘White Colonels’ Are The ‘Biggest Barriers’ To Change  (Read 244 times)

Offline Kamaji

Biden Air Force Nominee Claimed ‘White Colonels’ Are The ‘Biggest Barriers’ To Change In The Military

Col. Benjamin Jonsson penned an article weeks after George Floyd’s death lamenting that his fellow white airmen don’t go along with leftist talking points about ‘racial injustice’ in the U.S. military.

BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD
AUGUST 18, 2023

An Air Force colonel nominated by President Joe Biden once claimed that “white colonels” are the “biggest barriers” to addressing so-called “racial injustice” in the U.S. military, according to a new report.

On Thursday, The Daily Signal’s Rob Bluey reported that Col. Benjamin Jonsson, who is “currently awaiting promotion to brigadier general,” penned an article in the Air Force Times weeks after George Floyd’s death lamenting his fellow white airmen don’t go along with leftist talking points about so-called “racial injustice” in the U.S. armed forces.

“As white colonels, you and I are the biggest barriers to change if we do not personally address racial injustice in our Air Force. Defensiveness is a predictable response by white people to any discussion of racial injustice. White colonels are no exception,” Jonsson wrote. “We are largely blind to institutional racism, and we take offense to any suggestion that our system advantaged us at the expense of others.”

Jonsson went on claim he “drew attention” to the notion that “racial tension remains an important issue to address” while speaking with two white colonels. According to Jonsson, his “introduction of race into the conversation created social discomfort,” allegedly causing both service members to “ameliorate” the situation “with humor.” He furthermore admonished a fellow white colonel who purportedly expressed the meritocratic sentiment that “when anyone joins the Air Force, they need to adopt the culture of the Air Force [and] that [the branch] should not make cultural accommodations.”

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/08/18/biden-air-force-nominee-claimed-white-colonels-are-the-biggest-barriers-to-change-in-the-military/

Offline Kamaji

Self-hating idjut.

Offline MajorClay

Tubberville is right in holding this racist ahole up.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tubberville is right in holding this racist ahole up.

:yowsa: Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien