Author Topic: US military at pivotal moment for biodefense, review warns  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US military at pivotal moment for biodefense, review warns
« on: August 19, 2023, 07:17:42 pm »
US military at pivotal moment for biodefense, review warns
BY BRAD DRESS - 08/18/23 12:09 PM ET

The U.S. military faces an acute threat from foreign adversaries who are developing advanced biological weapons programs and must act urgently to counteract growing threats in the biodefense sphere, a new Pentagon report warns.

The “Biodefense Posture Review,” released Thursday, says the U.S. can become more prepared by enhancing early warning systems for biological weapons threats, preparing its military forces better and speeding up responses to mitigate the impact of such threats.

The Pentagon said it is already working to address the concerns by increasing collaboration across the military and Defense Department’s civilian structures to bolster biodefense capabilities.

One key solution outlined in the report, which has already been implemented, is the establishment of the Biodefense Council. The council will work to advise and synchronize a stronger approach to biodefense.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4158388-us-military-at-pivotal-moment-for-biodefense-review-warns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson