Author Topic: Kemp and Youngkin appear at conservative conference as donors quietly push White House run  (Read 607 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Kemp and Youngkin appear at conservative conference as donors quietly push White House run

A slate of high-profile conservative figures is scheduled to appear at an annual GOP conference over the weekend, giving a clearer picture of the Republican presidential primary as candidates seek to isolate themselves from the rest of the field.

Aside from those who are already running, there are a handful of other Republicans scheduled to speak at The Gathering, an annual meeting hosted by radio host Erick Erickson to allow GOP candidates to share their platforms with voters. Among the list of speakers this year are Govs. Brian Kemp (R-GA) and Glenn Youngkin (R-VA), who have attracted attention as possible contenders to run against former President Donald Trump for the GOP nomination. ............

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/kemp-youngkin-at-conservative-conference-donors-urge-run
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Youngkin hasn't proven himself yet, as to be able to govern nationally.

He hasn't "turned Virginia around" in a way similar to that which has been accomplished by Ron DeSantis down in Florida. True, he's made some progress... but not (yet) enough.

He can't even run for re-election for governor.
(What kind of crazy/stupid state law is that? When did they pass that... Reconstruction?)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Also at the conference ----

Offline Hoodat

Also at the conference ----

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME !!!!!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Aside from those who are already running, there are a handful of other Republicans scheduled to speak at The Gathering, an annual meeting hosted by radio host Erick Erickson to allow GOP candidates to share their platforms with voters. Among the list of speakers this year are Govs. Brian Kemp (R-GA)

Brian Kemp showing up at a conference in Atlanta?  Go figure.

btw, not an Erick Erickson fan at all.  He's a lot like Trump in many ways.  Primarily, he loves hearing himself talk.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME !!!!!
It's what I am fed up with, all the Me Me Me Me Me of Obama but with the addition of a schoolyard bully calling people names. I would love to see a debate between DeSantis and The Orange Ego, one who knows how our government works and one who learned nothing about how government works in four years. Freakin Freedom Cities 9999hair out0000

Offline ScottinVA

Hopefully Gov. Youngkin will avoid this hot mess of a GOP primary in 2024 and stand aside to let Trump absorb the general election drubbing that awaits him after his coronation as the GOP nominee. 

Then he can enter the fray in 2028.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 11:46:53 am by ScottinVA »

Online LMAO

Freakin Freedom Cities 9999hair out0000

The “freedom cities”  and the “MAGA Breeding money”  is a window of what Trump believes the role of government is. If you think his spending, tariffs, and his propensity for choosing people to serve under and around him based on loyalty and not competency were faults when he served to first time,  they’ll be much worse in a Trump second term
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

Youngkin hasn't proven himself yet, as to be able to govern nationally.

So I take it you didn’t vote for Trump in 2016
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

So I take it you didn’t vote for Trump in 2016

lol.  The hypocrisy never ends.