Author Topic: Ivermectin still not effective or approved for COVID-19 treatment, FDA says  (Read 712 times)

Online corbe

Ivermectin still not effective or approved for COVID-19 treatment, FDA says

BY RUSSELL FALCON - 08/18/23 8:09 PM ET

(NEXSTAR) — As COVID-19 cases rise across the U.S. — and a new variant emerges —misinformation about treatment or prevention of the disease perseveres. In an effort to combat a flurry of recent social media posts touting the use of deworming drug ivermectin, the FDA is reminding people why it never approved it as a COVID-19 treatment.

“Although FDA has approved ivermectin for certain uses in humans and animals, it has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19, nor has the agency stated that it is safe or effective for that use,” the FDA said on its social channels.

CDC, WHO tracking new COVID-19 variant; highly mutated strain found in US
The FDA pointed to recently updated National Institutes of Health COVID-19 treatment guidelines, which not only don’t approve of its use but recommend against it due to inefficiency and lack of evidence.

While some studies on ivermectin as COVID-19 treatment do exist and some do testify to the drug’s efficacy, that data is overwhelmingly considered inconsistent, questionable and/or inconclusive by experts.

It’s important to remember COVID-19 is a virus, not a parasite, and would not be targeted by ivermectin being introduced in the body.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4159388-ivermectin-still-not-effective-or-approved-for-covid-19-treatment-fda-says/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't recall anyone ever saying Ivermectin alone did anything to COVID. But it works wonders when combined with zinc!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't recall anyone ever saying Ivermectin alone did anything to COVID. But it works wonders when combined with zinc!

Alone, not much, nor does Hydroxychloroquine, and unfortunately many medical studies will reflect just that, because the critical Zinc and macrolide antibiotics were not administered in the studies.
They are damning the milkmaid's stool by testing it out with only one leg.

There was a day and age when "wonder drugs" with multiple applications were seen as, well, wonderful.

Al I can say is that they seem so afraid of admitting that Ivermectin might have any beneficial effects outside of killing parasites, that it makes me wonder how many freshly patented drugs might be replaced by Ivermectin (or other drugs) in combination with something else off-patent.

Gee whiz, something like that might upset the billion dollar bandwagon.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Lying sack of crap.  9999hair out0000

Better watch out for the tried and true and buy into our untested jab...
yeah right.... I'll be staying on the turnip truck, thanks.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online corbe

The dems may try and stir the covid pot again to make them look less culpable when they decapitate their Leadership, both comealot and bidet, they did such things in 63, the Wallace thing backfired on them in 72, Nixon won in a Landslide.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Alone, not much, nor does Hydroxychloroquine, and unfortunately many medical studies will reflect just that, because the critical Zinc and macrolide antibiotics were not administered in the studies.
They are damning the milkmaid's stool by testing it out with only one leg.

There was a day and age when "wonder drugs" with multiple applications were seen as, well, wonderful.

Al I can say is that they seem so afraid of admitting that Ivermectin might have any beneficial effects outside of killing parasites, that it makes me wonder how many freshly patented drugs might be replaced by Ivermectin (or other drugs) in combination with something else off-patent.

Gee whiz, something like that might upset the billion dollar bandwagon.
  Only by those too dumb to know any better.

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

More political bullshit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
  Only by those too dumb to know any better.

Interesting that you would post that about a Nobel Prize winning drug taken by millions that appears to have some use other than just as a tremendous anti-parasitic.

Really, there's no big money in using an off-patent drug for other things. Generics don't make Pharma rich. Not like putting patients in hospital and damaging their kidneys with Remdesivir (happened to someone I know, who spent three months fighting COVID in hospital until his wife smuggled in Ivermectin and Zinc. He recovered with about 10% of his kidney function intact.), and using respirators to push bacterial infections into their lungs.

I'm not even going to talk about the tens of billions of dollars made with a 'safe and effectiveTM' untried set of injections that were supposed to stop you from getting infected stop you from spreading the virus keep you from getting a severe infection etc., all done without any libility at all under an emergency use authorization that could only be kept if the full court press to discredit any effective treatment worked. 

Just two weeks to flatten the curve. No, not that one, the economy.

So many lies, so many believers. Unlike the patent medicines Collier's panned back in the day, these regimens did not contain alcohol, opiates, or radium, just independently approved and long used drugs and supplements the FDA had approved of: Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin, or Ivermectin and Doxycycline, and Zinc supplements.

Believe what you will, I have posted links on other threads to peer reviewed medical journal articles to back my stance. Besides, I know what worked for me.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 05:44:47 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Interesting that you would post that about a Nobel Prize winning drug taken by millions that appears to have some use other than just as a tremendous anti-parasitic.

Really, there's no big money in using an off-patent drug for other things. Generics don't make Pharma rich. Not like putting patients in hospital and damaging their kidneys with Remdesivir (happened to someone I know, who spent three months fighting COVID in hospital until his wife smuggled in Ivermectin and Zinc. He recovered with about 10% of his kidney function intact.), and using respirators to push bacterial infections into their lungs.

I'm not even going to talk about the tens of billions of dollars made with a 'safe and effectiveTM' untried set of injections that were supposed to stop you from getting infected stop you from spreading the virus keep you from getting a severe infection etc., all done without any libility at all under an emergency use authorization that could only be kept if the full court press to discredit any effective treatment worked. 

Just two weeks to flatten the curve. No, not that one, the economy.

So many lies, so many believers. Unlike the patent medicines Collier's panned back in the day, these regimens did not contain alcohol, opiates, or radium, just independently approved and long used drugs and supplements the FDA had approved of: Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin, or Ivermectin and Doxycycline, and Zinc supplements.

Believe what you will, I have posted links on other threads to peer reviewed medical journal articles to back my stance. Besides, I know what worked for me.

:amen: