Author Topic: Joe Biden Isn’t Going to Be the Democratic Nominee  (Read 529 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Joe Biden Isn’t Going to Be the Democratic Nominee
« on: August 18, 2023, 08:11:05 pm »

The growing Joe Biden–Hunter Biden influence-peddling and corruption scandal has surprised me. Not, I should be clear, because I thought that Joseph R. Biden — the lifelong pol and Democratic Party hack — was clean as a whistle; I’m surprised the story has developed the way that it has because I have long thought that any truly damning evidence of the scandal would be buried under a mountain of indifference on the part of the mainstream press and by a Biden Department of Justice patently uninterested in looking into the facts.

There are two reasons we now know as much as we do: First, Hunter Biden’s gonzo incompetence in abandoning his “laptop from hell” in a Delaware computer repair shop has caused a drip-drip-drip of salacious news that has kept this story alive, and, to their credit, House Republicans have done yeoman’s work in uncovering one bit of evidence after another. And it’s worth remembering that the House GOP has done this work on a razor-thin margin of seats in the chamber. If a half-dozen races had gone the other way in November 2022, and Hakeem Jeffries was speaker rather than minority leader, we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation.

As it stands, with yesterday’s report that Joe Biden, while vice president of the United States, communicated via pseudonym — “Robert L. Peters” — with his son, Hunter Biden, and his son’s business associates, I think the time is rapidly approaching when Democratic Party leaders are going to have to make a decision: Do we ride into the next election with an octogenarian, unpopular, and increasingly tainted nominee, or do we change horses?...............

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/joe-biden-isnt-going-to-be-the-democratic-nominee/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Joe Biden Isn’t Going to Be the Democratic Nominee
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 08:27:23 pm »

The growing Joe Biden–Hunter Biden influence-peddling and corruption scandal has surprised me. Not, I should be clear, because I thought that Joseph R. Biden — the lifelong pol and Democratic Party hack — was clean as a whistle; I’m surprised the story has developed the way that it has because I have long thought that any truly damning evidence of the scandal would be buried under a mountain of indifference on the part of the mainstream press and by a Biden Department of Justice patently uninterested in looking into the facts.

There are two reasons we now know as much as we do: First, Hunter Biden’s gonzo incompetence in abandoning his “laptop from hell” in a Delaware computer repair shop has caused a drip-drip-drip of salacious news that has kept this story alive, and, to their credit, House Republicans have done yeoman’s work in uncovering one bit of evidence after another. And it’s worth remembering that the House GOP has done this work on a razor-thin margin of seats in the chamber. If a half-dozen races had gone the other way in November 2022, and Hakeem Jeffries was speaker rather than minority leader, we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation.

As it stands, with yesterday’s report that Joe Biden, while vice president of the United States, communicated via pseudonym — “Robert L. Peters” — with his son, Hunter Biden, and his son’s business associates, I think the time is rapidly approaching when Democratic Party leaders are going to have to make a decision: Do we ride into the next election with an octogenarian, unpopular, and increasingly tainted nominee, or do we change horses?...............

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/joe-biden-isnt-going-to-be-the-democratic-nominee/

The bolded is a great point.  Lots of folks get angry at members of Congress who "do nothing but talk and have hearings" rather than "really going after people".  They want indictments, prosecutions, etc..  But the truth is that Congress doesn't have the power to do any of that.  Sometimes, all they really can do is investigate and hold hearings, and that can be very difficult if the DOJ doesn't back up their investigative efforts.  So yes the reason the Hunter Biden laptop stories really started to stick was because of members of Congress pushing hard and eventually creating a story that couldn't be ignored.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 10:41:49 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 10:36:28 pm »
He never was going to be the nominee. His job is to serve as a "placeholder" by PRETENDING to be running for re-election,and then stepping down at the last minute when it is too late to mount an effective campaign against his replacement.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 10:49:23 pm »
He never was going to be the nominee. His job is to serve as a "placeholder" by PRETENDING to be running for re-election,and then stepping down at the last minute when it is too late to mount an effective campaign against his replacement.

I've thought that as well, but I'm not sure.

The issue is that Biden became the nominee as sort of a compromise choice among the different factions within that Party.  He wasn't as hard left as Bernie, wasn't linked to the Clintons, was acceptable because of Obama, etc..  But if they ditch him, and try to install someone without a primary, they're going to have a problem because it almost certainly wouldn't be Kamala, and that means they'd be pushing aside a black woman.  Michelle Obama avoids that, but she isn't running.

I think they need a primary or they may fracture going into that election.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 12:23:44 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 11:34:55 pm »
Some folks have been a little late in figurin' this out.

National Review?
Just realizing this now?
That figures...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2023, 11:46:23 pm »
I've thought that as well, but I'm not sure.

The issue is that Biden became the nominee as sort of a compromise choice among the different factions within that Party.  He wasn't as hard left as Bernie, wasn't linked to the Clintons, was acceptable because of Obama, etc..  But if they ditch him, and try to install someone without a primary, they're going to have a problem because it almost certainly wouldn't be Kamala, and that means they'd be pushing aside a black woman.  Michelle Obama avoids that, but she isn't running.

I think they need a primary of they may fracture going into that election.

@Maj. Bill Martin

They steal elections with ease,so why  would staging a bogus primary be a problem for them?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2023, 12:25:57 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

They steal elections with ease,so why  would staging a bogus primary be a problem for them?

They can't stage a primary after the convention.  It would have to be this actual state-by-state primary, which means that Biden would have to be out before then.  I suppose he could try to give his delegates to someone else, but that risks the same fracturing of the party.

Kamala being so bad has really hamstrung them.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2023, 12:31:39 am »
Yep. Since rules and laws no longer apply to Democrats, they will have no problem at all getting rid of both Biden and Kamala. Democrats just do whatever the hell they want to do, with no consequences ever.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2023, 12:40:08 am »
   Granted it's a state wise basis but below is proof of what dems are capable of even after their constituents have already started voting. 

Frank Lautenberg
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2023, 12:42:14 am »
   His son and his brother, not to mention Dr. Jill is gonna give them one h3ll of a fight, though.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2023, 02:00:27 am »
They can't stage a primary after the convention.  It would have to be this actual state-by-state primary, which means that Biden would have to be out before then.  I suppose he could try to give his delegates to someone else, but that risks the same fracturing of the party.

Kamala being so bad has really hamstrung them.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I  think the  DNC picked her BECAUSE she is so bad. That makes it easier to get  rid of her and replace her with someone owned by the DNC insiders. I suspect there will be damn  few Dim insiders insisting he be the Presidential candidate.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2023, 02:04:17 am »
   His son and his brother, not to mention Dr. Jill is gonna give them one h3ll of a fight, though.

@corbe

No,they  won't. If they even HINT  they MIGHT be considering doing that,words like "indictment" will be whispered into their shell-like ears,along with words like "play along and keep what you  have already stolen,or be difficult and be looking for subpoenas that will take every dime you  have."

Dim Presidents are nothing but "front men" for the globalist bankers that own the DNC.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2023, 03:13:52 am »
   Granted it's a state wise basis but below is proof of what dems are capable of even after their constituents have already started voting. 

Frank Lautenberg

Yep.  They basically chucked State Law into the toilet and totally redid the election to put a corpse back in office.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-