Poll

How long have you been on TBR?

From the Beginning ~ 2009
7 (17.5%)
2010~2014 (First of many purges from TOS)
7 (17.5%)
2015~2016 (Cruz Purge from TOS)
17 (42.5%)
2017~2020 (Shiny Happy People)
2 (5%)
2021~2023  (Newbie but we love ya)
2 (5%)
Where is here (Stoner Option)
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: How long have you been on TBR?  (Read 13928 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: How long have you been on TBR?
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2023, 11:17:30 pm »
I passed through the TBR portal on the first evening it was opened.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2023, 11:25:53 pm »
I passed through the TBR portal on the first evening it was opened.

I see Lincoln is praying.... :crying:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2023, 11:40:12 pm »
I see Lincoln is praying.... :crying:

Yes, he has had a lot to pray about.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2023, 11:59:27 pm »
Yes, he has had a lot to pray about.

He sure does..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2023, 01:13:02 am »
I came during the Cruz purge.  I had been at TOS since the early beginning and signed up in 1998.  Today it is a mere tiny shadow of what it used to be.  Although I don't post as often as some, I am so happy to be able to read the posts, comments and links!!

That's alright @Texas Yellow Rose ... When you do post, it always matters... I remember you fondly from way back.  :beer:

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2023, 01:35:29 am »
That's alright @Texas Yellow Rose ... When you do post, it always matters... I remember you fondly from way back.  :beer:
    :-)

• Native Texan
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2023, 01:36:40 am »
:yowsa:  :beer:  You haven't changed a bit in the last 25 years my dear! @Texas Yellow Rose

I wish!!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2023, 02:03:31 am »
I came during the Cruz purge.  I had been at TOS since the early beginning and signed up in 1998.  Today it is a mere tiny shadow of what it used to be.  Although I don't post as often as some, I am so happy to be able to read the posts, comments and links!!

I'm not a big poster, either.  I read a whole lot more than I post.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2023, 05:13:20 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2023, 05:17:21 am »
I walked off from TOS in January of 2012 after almost 15 years. Didn't find this place until May of that year. Only went back years later to tell JR what I thought of him and got banned for my trouble. Broke my heart I tell ya!

I was part of the Santorum purge that same year.  If I had known about this site then, I would have stayed here instead of going back for a second purge.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2023, 06:50:00 pm »
I was also part of the Cruz purge

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

• Native Texan
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2023, 09:02:06 pm »

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2023, 12:50:20 am »
I joined here in 2016. I had been over at TOS, but in a corner that got a lot of posts but not much attention (I doubt anyone here even knows about The Hobbit Hole threads). I never got purged from TOS, just drifted away over time. In 2016 I was looking for someplace to follow politics leading up to the election, and landed here. I have never been very active in posting, preferring to read the news and people's opinions. But now I feel myself losing interest. I'll probably drift away from here too, but I doubt that I will look for another place to follow politics. There no longer seems to be a point, as the elections are manipulated and controlled, corruption is widespread in the government and business, and the culture itself is lost. I'm going to do my best to keep my head down and live out the few years I have left to my life, while I watch the country I love continue to die.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2023, 12:55:16 am »
I joined here in 2016. I had been over at TOS, but in a corner that got a lot of posts but not much attention (I doubt anyone here even knows about The Hobbit Hole threads). I never got purged from TOS, just drifted away over time. In 2016 I was looking for someplace to follow politics leading up to the election, and landed here. I have never been very active in posting, preferring to read the news and people's opinions. But now I feel myself losing interest. I'll probably drift away from here too, but I doubt that I will look for another place to follow politics. There no longer seems to be a point, as the elections are manipulated and controlled, corruption is widespread in the government and business, and the culture itself is lost. I'm going to do my best to keep my head down and live out the few years I have left to my life, while I watch the country I love continue to die.  :shrug:

Believe it or not @Ghost Bear you and I are pretty much in the same boat.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2023, 01:08:44 am »
Believe it or not @Ghost Bear you and I are pretty much in the same boat.

Sad in a way. I’m right there with you guys.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2023, 01:12:13 am »
Sad in a way. I’m right there with you guys.

:yowsa: Truly sad @Lando Lincoln I have wasted much time and treasure over the last 40+ years.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2023, 01:20:19 am »

I don't blame you, I feel the same way.
I am so discouraged and frightened at what is happening to our country..what is worse I don't see too many politicos fighting to save it...and forget about the younger generations they can't even name any of the founding fathers let alone fight to save this country...I am beyond sad.
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2023, 01:23:20 am »

I don't post as much as I used to.  It is not that I am losing interest it is that I too realize that the elections are manipulated, and the indoctrination of our youth has overtaken any chance of us as a nation returning back to the principles upon which this country was founded. Evil has prevailed and that evil is how people have chosen to act.  That is why we have so many corrupt members of the DOJ, Congress and Senate -- they made that choice.  I don't believe that that corruption is going to dissolve anytime soon.

I remain in this forum because I believe that most in here are good people, with like minds exchanging ideas and venting their frustrations.  I find it comforting.  When I get too stressed from the reality of what is happening, I head for the park, read, or fiddle in the yard.

We thought about moving to a more remote location to escape what is going on, but we're too darn old and physically just can't make another move.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2023, 01:30:04 am »
I don't blame you, I feel the same way.
I am so discouraged and frightened at what is happening to our country..what is worse I don't see too many politicos fighting to save it...and forget about the younger generations they can't even name any of the founding fathers let alone fight to save this country...I am beyond sad.

I'm frightened as well @mystery-ak  However, I am thankful for this forum which allows me to at least vent to people who understand.  You are correct, the younger generations don't seem to have a clue.  Both of my children get it, but younger than that it becomes obvious -- heck most don't even know what an encyclopedia is or how to do a math problem without a calculator!  The time will come I believe when technology will be completely shutdown; our grid will be nearly destroyed.  They won't know how to function - they won't be able to find a way to fix the problem. They don't have the knowledge. It is beyond sad, not to mention they have know inner feelings of loyalty to this country - they take this country for granted.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2023, 01:46:47 am »
Looks like we need a bigger boat.
John Steinbeck

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2023, 01:51:43 am »
Looks like we need a bigger boat.

I Noah guy.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2023, 01:52:40 am »
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2023, 01:54:47 am »
I Noah guy.

:rolling: That's why we love you @bigheadfred  You lighten things up.  happy77

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2023, 01:55:48 am »
:rolling: That's why we love you @bigheadfred  You lighten things up.  happy77

Well I needed the laugh..thanks @bigheadfred
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2023, 01:58:52 am »

- J. R. R. Tolkien