Author Topic: Report: Donald Trump to Sit down with Tucker Carlson in Lieu of First Republican Presidential Debate  (Read 799 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Donald Trump to Sit down with Tucker Carlson in Lieu of First Republican Presidential Debate

Hannah Bleau 18 Aug 2023

Former President Donald Trump will skip the first Republican National Committee (RNC) primary debate, according to reports.

A New York Times report reveals that Trump plans to skip the debate following months of speculation. Instead, according to the report, Trump plans to sit down for an interview with none other than former Fox News host Tucker Carlson — a great irony, given that the debate will be moderated by two Fox News personalities — Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum.

Per the Times:

In the past 24 hours, Mr. Trump has told people close to him that he has made up his mind and will skip the debate in Milwaukee, according to two of the people briefed on the matter.

…

The timing of the interview with Mr. Carlson remains unclear, but if it goes ahead as currently planned, the debate-night counterprogramming would serve as an act of open hostility.

Trump also indicated Friday that he would not participate in the debate, writing on Truth Social:

Many people are asking whether or not I will be doing the DEBATES? ALL AMERICANS have been clamoring for a President of extremely High Intelligence. As everyone is aware, my Poll numbers, over a “wonderful” field of Republican candidates, are extraordinary. In fact, I am leading the runner up, whoever that may now be, by more than 50 Points. Reagan didn’t do it, and neither did others. People know my Record, one of the BEST EVER, so why would I Debate? I’M YOUR MAN. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2023/08/18/report-donald-trump-to-sit-down-with-tucker-carlson-in-lieu-of-first-republican-presidential-debate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

And where is the evidence of his "extremely high intelligence"???

Offline corbe

In other headlines:

Donald punches Ronna/RNC in the face, again.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
And where is the evidence of his "extremely high intelligence"???

In all seriousness...wtf??  I could think of various reasons people like Trump.  But the idea that anyone actually sees him as someone of "extremely high intelligence" boggles the mind.  That doesn't mean he's "dumb" or "stupid", but..."extremely high intelligence"??

You'd expect someone like that to be a voracious consumer of information and a very quick learner.  And Trump has shown zero signs of being either of those things in office.  Quite the opposite.  People are still making excuses for him not knowing the job four years into his term.

Offline DB

In all seriousness...wtf??  I could think of various reasons people like Trump.  But the idea that anyone actually sees him as someone of "extremely high intelligence" boggles the mind.  That doesn't mean he's "dumb" or "stupid", but..."extremely high intelligence"??

You'd expect someone like that to be a voracious consumer of information and a very quick learner.  And Trump has shown zero signs of being either of those things in office.  Quite the opposite.  People are still making excuses for him not knowing the job four years into his term.

And simply put, intelligent people don't need to tell others how intelligent they are. It is self evident. Only the wannabies tell you how smart they are because others aren't seeing it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

"Hi Bret, no I won’t be there. I made other plans.”

1:28 PM · Aug 18, 2023

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Not the most flattering picture of Trump is it ? Gotta be pushing #280lbs or something close.  :2popcorn:
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Not the most flattering picture of Trump is it ? Gotta be pushing #280lbs or something close.  :2popcorn:

I see you're in a playful mood @Sighlass   Me, too.  888high58888

Offline berdie

Looks like cowboy boots to me with a walking heel. :shrug:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Looks like cowboy boots to me with a walking heel. :shrug:

Who you calling a heel?  :tongue2:  happy77
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline berdie

Who you calling a heel?  :tongue2:  happy77

:rolling: You are quick witted.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I see you're in a playful mood @Sighlass   Me, too.  888high58888

They are called cowboy boots... I have a few myself that don't get much use now days as I prefer lighter  K-Swiss tennis shoes.

BTW... after a quick google search... "BetsOnline" has a wager on Trump's weight... the above under mark is 273.5 lbs (with most 77% taking the over option)... Lets see, Trump claims to be 6'3" tall (I also claimed to be that tall at a younger age, at a stretch now days I am 6'2" at best). So I made my educated guess (as a person that alternates between 235-242 lbs stark naked). So I am at a good frame to judge weight in this case. Probable a good thing Trump doesn't want to debate, I doubt the stage can hold both him and Christie.

@Right_in_Virginia

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm thinking that Trump is closer to 300 lbs.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

Perhaps this is his Legacy, if he's elected. I wonder if he'll do his new enlarged tub in Gold.   :whistle:

Did William Howard Taft Really Get Stuck in a Bathtub?
BY: CHRISTOPHER KLEIN

UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 3, 2018 | ORIGINAL: FEBRUARY 9, 2016

Topping the scales at over 350 pounds, William Howard Taft was a true political heavyweight. Although “Big Bill” was the only man to serve as both U.S. president and Supreme Court chief justice, what most remember about Taft is that he supposedly became stuck in the White House bathtub.

The story, however, apparently doesn’t hold water. No documentary evidence backs it up, and according to Brady Carlson, author of the book Dead Presidents: An American Adventure into the Strange Deaths and Surprising Afterlives of Our Nation’s Leaders, the story didn’t arise until two decades after Taft left the presidency. Carlson says the sudsy tale first surfaced along with other presidential dirt in longtime White House usher Ike Hoover’s 1934 memoir, 42 Years in the White House.

“The funny part is that while Taft was president, the White House got a tub that was so big a president couldn’t possibly get stuck in it,” Carlson says. Indeed, just weeks after Taft’s 1908 election, the captain of a warship carrying the president-elect to inspect the Panama Canal requested a super-sized bathtub capable of holding the heftiest man ever to occupy the Oval Office. Since no “Taft-size” basin could be found, a Manhattan company specially crafted the largest solid porcelain tub ever made for an individual. It was more than seven feet long, 41 inches wide and weighed a ton—literally. A photograph in the February 1909 issue of the journal Engineering Review showed the pond-like presidential bathtub with four men sitting comfortably in-side.

<..snip..>

https://www.history.com/news/did-william-howard-taft-really-get-stuck-in-a-bathtub
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online LMAO

They are called cowboy boots... I have a few myself that don't get much use now days as I prefer lighter  K-Swiss tennis shoes.

BTW... after a quick google search... "BetsOnline" has a wager on Trump's weight... the above under mark is 273.5 lbs (with most 77% taking the over option)... Lets see, Trump claims to be 6'3" tall (I also claimed to be that tall at a younger age, at a stretch now days I am 6'2" at best). So I made my educated guess (as a person that alternates between 235-242 lbs stark naked). So I am at a good frame to judge weight in this case. Probable a good thing Trump doesn't want to debate, I doubt the stage can hold both him and Christie.

@Right_in_Virginia

Stress weight. Stress elevates cortisol levels and can lower metabolism
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

I believe the major contributor to his recent weight gain is STRESS.  H3ll he's facing the Death Penalty.  He's been known as someone who won't do drugs or alcohol, that's how I relieve stress, he's obviously gone third rail~overeating.

The 18 holes he's doing everyday are not necessarily on the greens.  But I never liked him anyway that's why I am willing spread these rumours on TBR.    :laugh: