Author Topic: Mark Milley: A 'Handful of Drag Queen Shows' on Military Bases Doesn't Mean Military 'Went Woke'  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@corbe

Soooo,Trump, not knowing diddly-squat about the military or anyone in

That's where you're wrong.

Sure, Trump is a a lazy s.o.b., so he almost certainly didn't put any effort into learning about the military before he took office, nor take the time to get to know any senior officers before taking office.

But by the time Trump appointed Milley to be Chairman, he'd been President for over two years, and been in tons of meetings with Milley (who was Army Chief of Staff when Trump promoted him to Chairman) and the other Joint Chiefs. 

So Trump did know Milley and the other four stars, and if he paid the least attention to his role as Commander in Chief, would have known a hell of a lot more about the military than he did when he took office.

He knew - or at least thought he knew - enough about the military and the job of Chairman to pick his own guy.  So he overruled the recommendation of the current chair, and the SecDef, and chose Milley.

100% completely on him.

Offline Hoodat

Mark Milley: A 'Handful of Drag Queen Shows' on Military Bases Doesn't Mean Military 'Went Woke'

Yes, it does.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   I'm pretty wasted @sneakypete and generally not know to google much $hit at this hour, with that being said, The Thread is about Gen. Milley and your hero Trump had absolutely everything to do with him being in that position that he/she/it occupies.  Again, I'm pretty wasted and even I'm having a h3ll of problem wrapping my head around this.

@corbe

You are full of Biden. How the HELL was Trump even supposed to have ever heard of Miley,never mind known him well enough to promote him to such a powerful position?

The answer is,"He didn't. One of his "inside the beltway" advisors suggested he promote Miley,so he did."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@corbe

You are full of Biden. How the HELL was Trump even supposed to have ever heard of Miley,never mind known him well enough to promote him to such a powerful position?

The answer is,"He didn't. One of his "inside the beltway" advisors suggested he promote Miley,so he did."

THAT is some kind of defense, @sneakypete ?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So, who do you think appointed Miley to the Joint  chief of staff while ignoring the recommendations of those around him?

@LMAO

Trump did,you dumbass,but he did it at the recommendations of his "inside the beltway" staff. How the HELL would Trump have even known who Miley  is without some beltway insider pushing him forward and recommending him?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   OF course, Trump knows about the Military:

While you were busting your Balls 'in country' he was getting deferments.

@corbe

I guess I am supposed to be mad about that,and blame this rich,rude,orange man for everything,right  up to original sin?

Frankly,I honestly don't give a squat. If you didn't want  to  be there,I damn sure didn't want you there leaving me in a position to count on you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yes, it does.
Exactly. Go back before DADT and tell me that would not have made a difference.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   The photo on the right is DJT accepting a trophy as Asst. Basketball Coach of Wharton, same year Bone Spurs declared him 4F~Teaching White Boys to JUMP, who would have thunk it.

@corbe

Your "class warfare jealousy" practically drips right off the page.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Sure, Trump is a a lazy s.o.b., so he almost certainly didn't put any effort into learning about the military before he took office, nor take the time to get to know any senior officers before taking office.

But by the time Trump appointed Milley to be Chairman, he'd been President for over two years, and been in tons of meetings with Milley (who was Army Chief of Staff when Trump promoted him to Chairman) and the other Joint Chiefs. 

So Trump did know Milley and the other four stars, and if he paid the least attention to his role as Commander in Chief, would have known a hell of a lot more about the military than he did when he took office.

He knew - or at least thought he knew - enough about the military and the job of Chairman to pick his own guy.  So he overruled the recommendation of the current chair, and the SecDef, and chose Milley.

100% completely on him.

Good post, and thanks @corbe too for the old photos with a history some ignore.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@corbe

Soooo,Trump,not knowing diddly-squat about the military or anyone in it,decided all on his  own to  pick a homo general to lead the US  Military?

Who told you that,Santa?

Yes he did.  His advisors...including Mattis were telling him to pick General Michael Scaparrotti for Chairman of the Joint Chiefs...Milley was supposed to be interviewing for the EUCOM job...but he politicked his way into a job that clearly he isn't qualified to serve in because he kissed Trump's ass to get it and Scaparrotti got sent to EUCOM.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

Yes he did.  His advisors...including Mattis were telling him to pick General Michael Scaparrotti for Chairman of the Joint Chiefs...Milley was supposed to be interviewing for the EUCOM job...but he politicked his way into a job that clearly he isn't qualified to serve in because he kissed Trump's ass to get it and Scaparrotti got sent to EUCOM.

:thumbsup:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
:thumbsup:

I've worked with Gen Scaparrotti when he was the assistant division commander at 1st Armored Division in Iraq.  Good guy.  Smart.

He'd have been an much better choice than Milley Cyrus that's for sure.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Trump did,you dumbass,but he did it at the recommendations of his "inside the beltway" staff. How the HELL would Trump have even known who Miley  is without some beltway insider pushing him forward and recommending him?

Trump appointed him despite the recommendations not to by others. There was no RINO or some other evil force making Trump do this. He did this all on his lonesome
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

What’s absolutely amazing that, despite how many times it’s been shown to him that Trump did, in fact, appoint Milley over the protests of those around him, he still insists that Trump just got bad advice

Having failed that, he reverts back to his class envy argument and rude orange man”

How do you argue with somebody that, no matter how many facts are presented to them, refuse to accept them? The answer is you can’t.

But not accepting facts doesn’t mean that they go away
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 12:53:54 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

What’s absolutely amazing that, despite how many times it’s been shown to him that Trump did, in fact, appoint Milley over the protests of those around him, he still insists that Trump just got bad advice

Having failed that, he reverts back to his class envy argument and rude orange man”

How do you argue with somebody that, no matter how many facts are presented to them, refuse to accept them? The answer is you can’t.

All I can say is that if Conservative principles had been applied, the president would have been one with military experience, and would not have done this on it's face, because he would know better.

:whistle: :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Why would he? He was a corporate CEO,and CEO's have flunkies they rely  on under them to make personnel decisions for them.

Why WOULDN'T an outsider to that system NOT trust someone that very same system had already appointed to the Chief of Staff to the US Army?

He knew - or at least thought he knew - enough about the military and the job of Chairman to pick his own guy.

The "guy" was already picked,and picked by his peers. Or so it must have seemed,anyhow. I was just career enlisted swine,but even I am shocked that someone like Miss Miley could even be IN the army,never mind hold one of the top slots.

I STILL want several "someones" court-martialed over that one,and I still want to see them lose their pensions over that.

So he overruled the recommendation of the current chair, and the SecDef, and chose Milley.

So,the "new guy in town" when it came to the US Military wanted to nominate his OWN choice,someone who would "owe" him,instead of the pick of the establishment,who didn't owe him diddly-squat,and you  want to find fault with him over that? Who DOESN'T want a staff that are supposed to be loyal to them because they were appointed to those positions?

100% completely on him.

You also know that in addition to being VERY wealthy,he is also Rude AND Orange,right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

Makes more sense than the "Ah hates him cuasen he bees rich!" "reasons" YOUR crowd hates him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on your ass.

Trump,like all CEO's "new to a particular "game"" want to promote their own guy to "lead the game" so they have loyalty to them instead of the established powers,who may or may not be wanting the new CEO to fail so THEY can take the job.

Trump got lousy advise on who to pick.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Trump,like all CEO's "new to a particular "game"" want to promote their own guy to "lead the game" so they have loyalty to them instead of the established powers,who may or may not be wanting the new CEO to fail so THEY can take the job.

Look at this post. It’s very revealing.

But if you’ve all noticed, he can’t name who the individual was who gave Donald Trump the advice to pick Miley. It’s just something he made up.

Give all the facts you want to this particular poster and it will not matter.

But history is what it is. And anybody can make a mistake. But Miley is one of many. It’s a pattern with Donald Trump. Everybody who he chose has been bad, except the person who did the actual picking. Donald Trump looks for unwavering loyalty, not ability.

And it’s a pattern that’s guaranteed to continue should he get another term
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 02:55:18 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

@LMAO

( @sneakypete   Just a reminder -- and I know this is off topic, but you are supposed to be taking it easy!  That includes tryig to remain calm and not getting worked up about things.  Please -- take time to truly relax.  Just for a while. I want you to get better.)
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

We all know the "leader" type that takes credit for everything that goes right and takes no responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

That isn't leadership at all.

Offline corbe

We can all surmise that Trump made the appointment of Milley based solely on his Senior Staff Advisors; either Ivanka, Don Jr., Eric or Kushner, who incidentally all love the perverted gay movement.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Makes more sense than the "Ah hates him cuasen he bees rich!" "reasons" YOUR crowd hates him.

@sneakypete

Bullshit.
My dislike of the man is seldom an issue (except when discussing character, for example). What I tend to criticize is the outright damage he has done to Conservatism... all of it giant, and all of it on the record.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@Kamaji

MILEY should have never "happened"

Someone with the ability to do so needs to track down who her political and military "rabbi's" were,and see to it that their pensions are pulled for dereliction of duty/failure to perform.

The political creatures that backed this crap need to be publicly identified and voted out of office.
Ummm, I don't know about Milly's military history, but if you're looking for the one responsible for his current position? You already got your wish...Trump was voted out of office. :shrug:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@libertybele

Trump made Miss Miley a General Officer,and put  her in charge of the US Army?

Seriously?
First part no, second part yes.

Seriously!