Author Topic: Donald Trump Is Officially Skipping the Debate, and the RNC Has Egg on Its Face  (Read 536 times)

Offline Kamaji

Donald Trump Is Officially Skipping the Debate, and the RNC Has Egg on Its Face

By Bonchie
August 18, 2023

As expected, Donald Trump is not going to show up for the first GOP primary debate on August, 23rd. That announcement came via a new report from Maggie Haberman, the far-left reporter from The New York Times who has long had an inside line directly to the former president.

As to what Trump will do instead, he'll reportedly sit down for an interview with Tucker Carlson in an attempt to overshadow and upstage the candidates who do show up to face the primary voters.

Former President Donald J. Trump plans to upstage the first Republican primary debate on Wednesday by sitting for an online interview with the former Fox News host Tucker Carlson, according to multiple people briefed on the matter.

In the past 24 hours, Mr. Trump has told people close to him that he has made up his mind and will skip the debate in Milwaukee, according to two of the people briefed on the matter.

Frankly, if a candidate for the presidency is not an incumbent, I think they owe it to voters and their party to show up and debate. There is no perfect Republican politician. Anyone running has things they should be made to answer for and explain, including how they might do things differently in the future. There is also no downside to that kind of debate happening. At worst, it sharpens a candidate for the general election by allowing them to hone their message outside of the friendly confines of supportive conservative circles.

With all that said, Trump is going to do what Trump wants to do. I understand that, and because he enjoys a large national polling lead, he obviously feels it's not worth the risk to show up. Still, that does not mean the RNC should be overly accommodating to candidates who thumb their nose at the process.

Source:  https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/18/donald-trump-is-officially-skipping-the-debate-and-the-rnc-has-egg-on-its-face-n2162779

Online corbe

He did this $hit during the second RNC debate in 2016, held a Veterans Fund raiser instead.  They're still waiting for the money that was raised.  :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Sitting down with Tucker Carlson instead of debating?  I think the that Tucker Carlson should give each candidate an equal opportunity to sit down with him and be asked similar questions.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sitting down with Tucker Carlson instead of debating?  I think the that Tucker Carlson should give each candidate an equal opportunity to sit down with him and be asked similar questions.

Tucker already did this with the others @libertybele   Trump just waited for the perfect moment.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 04:19:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Frankly, if a candidate for the presidency is not an incumbent, I think they owe it to voters and their party to show up and debate.

Patience,  Mr. Bonchie.  Thin the herd and Trump will deliver the coup de grâce.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I know Tumpy has pulled this stunt before, and the only coup de grace event as RIV describes is the pure proof now that Tumpy is a blithering coward. 

He might be orange, but his belly is yellow.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

I know Tumpy has pulled this stunt before, and the only coup de grace event as RIV describes is the pure proof now that Tumpy is a blithering coward. 

He might be orange, but his belly is yellow.

Yup.  Trump is a coward who can't bring himself to face his betters in open debate.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If Trump debates he will suck the air out of the room. If he doesn't debate he is a coward. Whatever people. Whatever.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

If Trump debates he will suck the air out of the room. If he doesn't debate he is a coward. Whatever people. Whatever.

If he could debate like an adult instead of a juvenile, I think it is important that he debates. Americans need to know where each candidate stands on the issues, their background, accomplishments and voting records.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Yup.  Trump is a coward who can't bring himself to face his betters in open debate.

I just hope without Trump there DeSantis can go into more detail about the killing spree he'll initiate on day one.   :crossed:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 05:19:49 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Tucker is a very smart and very experienced interviewer who also is very opinionated politically.   He can make people he likes look good, and people he doesn't like look pretty bad because he has complete control over the topics being discussed, phrasing of questions, etc..

Online DB

Debating with someone who constantly throws shit around only ends up with shit on everyone. A shit show in short.