Author Topic: Amid ‘summer surge’ of new COVID variant — should we be wearing masks?  (Read 2284 times)

Offline the OlLine Rebel

You know who welcome the idea of wearing masks again? Easily scared individuals like senior citizens and...criminals, criminals love the idea of not being suspected because they are covering their face.

Yup.

I cannot believe this convenient fact was never noted by anyone in media….masks now signal you are good, and turns the common view of masking completely on its head.

I also think this gave good cover for all the rioters that immediately started soon after.  And OTOH the lockdowns probably gave the spark to them.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online mountaineer

Eris vaccine marketing hits Germany, complete with panic about a nonexistent August "Covid wave" ripped from British and American headlines
eugyppius
Aug 20, 2023
We will not be free of the virus until we are free of the vaccinators.

The leftist taz newspaper on 17 August: New German Wave: The new Covid variant Eris has arrived in Germany. Concerns about a new wave are growing – but the country is not well prepared.
    The pandemic is over, but the virus is still dangerous: Reports of the new variant EG.5.1. seem to confirm this analysis. EG.5.1. (Eris) has been considered a “variant of interest” since 9 August. According to the WHO, the phenotype does not differ fundamentally from other Omicron lineages and does not require special public health measures ...

With the announced end of the pandemic, virtually all mandated protective measures have been lifted in Germany. The most important instrument in the fight against Covid-19 is thus the immunisation of the population through infection or vaccination. ...
Despite all of this obnoxious verbiage, absolutely nothing of virological note is happening in Germany. Official Covid testing has been all but abolished here, forcing our journaloids to unearth statistics from RKI influenza surveillance – something they refused to do during the pandemic itself, because the flu people routinely posted data that undermined their panic narrative.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I am starting to see a lot more masks in the supermarket, bank, etc.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

1. As I posted on the Get-A-Booster thread:

999yawn I keep looking at the data, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ , and keep not seeing a reason why. It's hard to be sure, because the daily new cases lines are so close to the X-axis, but it looks like the new cases bump has started to decline, and if so, that means the daily deaths bump will start to decline 2-3 weeks later.

2. I haven't noticed an increase in masked people, but I don't frequent malls and might go to the "wrong" grocery store.

3. We aren't "rid of" the 1918 Spanish Flu virus, and will never be "rid of" the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

4, We may, eventually, be rid of MSM wolf-crying, as the MSM will eventually see it doesn't work and will move on to some new bogey-wolf.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
1. As I posted on the Get-A-Booster thread:

999yawn I keep looking at the data, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ , and keep not seeing a reason why. It's hard to be sure, because the daily new cases lines are so close to the X-axis, but it looks like the new cases bump has started to decline, and if so, that means the daily deaths bump will start to decline 2-3 weeks later.

2. I haven't noticed an increase in masked people, but I don't frequent malls and might go to the "wrong" grocery store.

3. We aren't "rid of" the 1918 Spanish Flu virus, and will never be "rid of" the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

4, We may, eventually, be rid of MSM wolf-crying, as the MSM will eventually see it doesn't work and will move on to some new bogey-wolf.
Nut Panic sells! (and not just newspapers, clicks online, and airtime)

Bring out the Murder Hornets!

UFOs!

Climate Catastrophe! BOILING Earth! (by AD 2,000,000,000 at the latest!)

Light up Canada and make the skies here look like China's, everyday!

(Crap! We even have to import atmospheric particulates! )

We need a new panic.

Are there any NEOs headed this way?   Where's a big comet when you need one?

**nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

...  Where's a big comet when you need one?

**nononono*

There's some meteor showers coming in October, November, and December. Maybe those are hype-able?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

There's no "summer surge," and masks don't protect against the Covid virus anyway. Otherwise, sure, why not. Mask up.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Coming this fall.  Maditory mask mandates and by winter lockdowns to slow the "Curve".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Coming this fall.  Maditory mask mandates and by winter lockdowns to slow the "Curve".

Most likely.  Lionsgate (a movie production company) has already started mandating all employees wear face diapers.

Online mountaineer

Online mountaineer

So everyone is masked in a photo the CDC Director is now posting, but a few days ago the CDC Director posted a photo with nobody masked. Do they understand that the general public just thinks they’re all batshit crazy?

https://twitter.com/TheEliKlein/status/1693993226259312907

Online mountaineer