Author Topic: It’s time for a national security strategy for military recruiting  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It’s time for a national security strategy for military recruiting

by Tribune Content Agency
19 hours ago

Thomas W. Spoehr, a retired Army lieutenant general, is director of the Center for National Defense at The Heritage Foundation.

Our armed forces are shrinking in size and capacity. The current crisis in military recruiting qualifies as a direct threat to U.S. national security.

In just two years, the active duty Army has shrunk from 485,000 to only 452,000 troops. It expects to fall short of its recruiting goals again this year. The Navy and Air Force are predicting shortfalls as well. As a result, our nation will have under-strength Army formations, Navy ships and Air Force squadrons, at a time when America is depending on its military to a greater degree than in the previous three decades.

https://www.bangordailynews.com/2023/08/17/opinion/national-security-strategy-for-military-recruiting/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 02:34:06 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: It’s time for a national security strategy for military recruiting
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 02:35:41 pm »
I thought they already had one - reject patriotic, straight, whites. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson