Author Topic: What went wrong with sanctuary cities?  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What went wrong with sanctuary cities?
« on: August 18, 2023, 02:21:59 pm »

Valuetainment Media
@ValuetainmentTV
What went wrong with sanctuary cities?

Sanctuary cities are crumbling with NYC and DC leading the pack. A closer look at the unfolding disaster:

https://twitter.com/ValuetainmentTV/status/1691816239922835647?s=20
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: What went wrong with sanctuary cities?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 02:57:09 pm »
Virtue signalling has a cost?

Who knew?  :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 03:19:40 pm »
Nothing went wrong with Sanctuary Cities.  They are working as designed.

It's just an unsustainable design of Globalist bleeding heart open border elite limousine liberals who have the luxury of spending Summers on Islands off the East Cost of the US., where they can isolate and insulate themselves from the consequences of their own policies.

Why would a suburban limousine liberal Dem summer-ing in Montauck, the Hamptons, Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket give a damn about what's happening where they are not?

NIMBY - to get a liberal to move on any problem, you have to put it in their backyard first.  Otherwise, liberals are too damn isolated and insulated to give a turd about what happens to people who are not them.

Dems will be spurred into action when their urban supply of voters in the cities start raising a ruckus.

Keep sending those buses North.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 04:04:16 pm »
Virtue signalling has a cost?

Who knew?  :whistle:

:thumbsup:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 04:35:22 pm »
Of all the so called 'sanctuary States' only two are on the border with Mexico; California and New Mexico. All of the others are the most Northern States in America.

California and New Mexico became sanctuary States because, although misguided, they actually believe in what they are doing. All the Northern States became sanctuary States to virtue signal how much they support illegals and dislike America and the American South. The Northern States never thought they would have to deal with it. They thought the illegals would only do damage to Southern States which is OK by them.

Illegals arriving by the thousands in New York and Chicago was completely unexpected. These States had no plan or budget to deal with illegals because they never thought it possible that they would have to.

Eric Adams has already called for the Biden cabal to stop the 'open borders' insanity, and I'm sure other Northern politicians have as well without the press release. When illegals arrived in Martha's Vineyard they called out the National Guard to round them up and get rid of them.

So it is correct to say that the more illegals that go North, the more likely it is that Biden's controllers will get the message and change direction.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.