Author Topic: Biden keeps challengers at bay: How president secured support from rising Democratic stars  (Read 176 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden keeps challengers at bay: How president secured support from rising Democratic stars
Julia Johnson

President Joe Biden has warded off primary challenges from popular Democratic politicians in 2024 despite looming concerns over his age.

Despite various calls for prominent Democratic governors to force the 80-year-old Biden into a competitive contest, some of the party's brightest stars have appeared to fall in line behind Biden, and several are even raising money on his behalf.

Govs. Gavin Newsom (D-CA), Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI), J.B. Pritzker (D-IL), Tim Walz (D-MN), Josh Shapiro (D-PA), and Tony Evers (D-WI) have rejected calls to run against Biden, and instead, several of them have emerged to become some of the president's most effective surrogates in his reelection campaign (particularly Newsom). A 2024 run from the California governor has been the subject of speculation, prompting a barrage of articles previewing a possible campaign.

However, the Biden campaign considers Newsom to be an important component of its surrogate effort. The California Democrat has denied that he is running for president in 2024 and is currently using his PAC, Campaign for Democracy, to raise money for Biden's reelection campaign. He will even take on presidential candidate Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) in a November debate, where he plans to defend Biden's record and vision for the country.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/biden-challengers-president-secured-support-rising-democratic-stars
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Meanwhile, in private, they are sharpening their daggers, developing contingency plans, and accumulating campaign war chests.

The Dems will pretend to be united but they'll under-perform among African-Americas, for whom the Dems have under-delivered, and Latin Americans, for whom the Dems are a God-less abortion cult.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 12:16:08 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.