Author Topic: Trump: ‘People know my record…so why would I debate?’  (Read 1521 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Trump: ‘People know my record…so why would I debate?’
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2023, 05:09:58 pm »
That was a full four years into his Presidency.  If he was unable to identify trustworthy, capable subordinates after four freaking years in office, he's incompetent.  Literally incapable of being a competent CEO of an organization as large as the federal government.

Correctamundo.  And the 'What difference does it make?' excuse is getting rather stale.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2023, 05:20:04 pm »
Correctamundo.  And the 'What difference does it make?' excuse is getting rather stale.

The last year of Trump's term was near the top of the list for the destruction of people, freedom and wealth this country has ever seen. That is simply a fact. Yet Trump the leader of the country at the time bares no responsibility for any of it... The buck stops nowhere near him... He just handed the reins to the bureaucrats and washed his hands...

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2023, 05:21:23 pm »
"CRUCIFY HIM!!  CRUCIFY HIM!!! GIVE US BARABBAS!!"

*****rollingeyes*****
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2023, 05:21:23 pm »
.. He just handed the reins to the bureaucrats and washed his hands...

The best friend the Swamp ever had.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2023, 05:27:13 pm »

If we're going biblical, isn't that what Pilate did? Turned it over to the bureaucrats and washed his hands of it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2023, 05:33:12 pm »

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2023, 06:13:03 pm »
That was a full four years into his Presidency.  If he was unable to identify trustworthy, capable subordinates after four freaking years in office, he's incompetent.  Literally incapable of being a competent CEO of an organization as large as the federal government.

This is a tiresome, specious argument; especially since we're still learning more every day just how pervasive, deep and formidable the Totalitarian administrative state actually is.

Do better.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2023, 06:18:02 pm »
This is a tiresome, specious argument; especially since we're still learning more every day just how pervasive, deep and formidable the Totalitarian administrative state actually is.

Do better.

This is the same excuse the Clinton's regularly used to brush away their failures.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2023, 06:18:40 pm »

Do better.

Some things never change.  They're a pack of hyenas. 

...cept now WE'RE "Liars".    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2023, 06:18:58 pm »

Do better.

Wrong

Trump “draining the swamp” and taking on the “deep state” was the claim that his supporters made even in 2016

Whether you realize it or not, you just made the case of why Donald Trump should not get a second term
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 06:31:01 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2023, 06:19:19 pm »
The Cult of Personality never changes.

:shrug:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2023, 06:23:45 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Are you seriously admitting that you knew all that "drain the swamp" rhetoric from 2016 you continue to peddle was effectively bullshit since you now claim you didn't really know how bad the swamp was back then?  And you are now using that lying-ass claim to excuse Trump from kissing the Swamp's ass with a medal to Fauci as he was about to exit the door?  Stop lying already.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2023, 06:28:40 pm »

No, you've been liars since the very first 'Drain the Swamp' post.  Ni different from claiming Trump has the best economic record of any President.  They are both lies.  And they continue unabated.  It's what Democrats do.

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2023, 06:30:42 pm »
A confident contender says bring it on.

Obviously, that's not Trump.

If a campaign is willing to risk skipping a debate, there is precedent for it @DB

Reagan chose not to participate in debates prior to facing his political death. The strategy was known as "above the fray".  Reagan rejoined the primary debate stage late in the game ---- only after he lost in Iowa to Bush and was thisclose to a blowout loss to Bush in New Hampshire ---- which would have ended his political career.

From “Rendezvous with Destiny,” by Craig Shirley:

The thirty-five days between the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary during the 1980 presidential campaign were the most important time in Ronald Reagan’s political life. And the pivotal moment in this, his third try for the Republican nomination, occurred in a high-school gymnasium just three days before the New Hampshire vote.

Long the front-runner for the Republican nomination, Reagan suffered a stunning upset in Iowa at the hands of George H. W. Bush on January 21. Worse for Reagan, his campaign’s internal polling showed the former California governor falling 21 points behind Bush in New Hampshire. If Reagan lost to Bush in New Hampshire, his campaign would be over. Forever. There was no tomorrow. This was it for the Gipper.

The Reagan campaign had dug itself into this hole. Campaign manager John Sears and his aides Jim Lake and Charlie Black had felt that Reagan could not be stopped. Revealingly, Black said of Iowa, “Hell, I didn’t know it was gonna be a primary.” Sears’s strategy had been to rein in his candidate, keeping Reagan off the campaign trail and avoiding debates with the other candidates.

Reagan finally put his foot down. He hated losing, and he impatiently told Sears that he would “campaign the way I like to campaign.” That meant going to every corner of New Hampshire, speaking his mind on issues — and debating. He abruptly announced that he would attend all debates in New Hampshire, the very “cattle shows” he had derided.

More:  https://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2009/10/new-book-tells-inside-story-of-pivotal-bush-reagan-debate-in-nashua/

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2023, 06:33:56 pm »

You are, too?  Is it time for a secret handshake?

@DCPatriot

Online Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2023, 06:43:55 pm »
Reagan chose not to participate in debates prior to facing his political death.

lol

Reagan rejoined the primary debate stage late in the game --

By "late in the game", you mean the very next debate.  Right?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2023, 06:46:31 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Are you seriously admitting that you knew all that "drain the swamp" rhetoric from 2016 you continue to peddle was effectively bullshit since you now claim you didn't really know how bad the swamp was back then?  And you are now using that lying-ass claim to excuse Trump from kissing the Swamp's ass with a medal to Fauci as he was about to exit the door?  Stop lying already.

:silly:

Offline corbe

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2023, 07:14:40 pm »

au contraire' @DCPatriot  TBR is a Free Speech SITE (within limits) and when Trump was initially running; Trumpers were 'the Hyenas' and most of US were saddled with the LIAR label, even our candidate~Ted Cruz.

MYST doesn't kick people off for having a different opinion, like all the Trumper sites do, which abound, by the way. 

Times don't change~People do and people here are obviously more pizzed at Trumps latest antics and hardening their stance against Trump, Even the TBR Polls show that. 
    Your audience has changed in this Conservative Forum. 
    Trumpers need to wake up or suffer the ashbin on history more respectfully. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2023, 07:34:46 pm »

Trumpers need to wake up or suffer the ashbin on history more respectfully.

Just want you to know your comic relief is well-timed and appreciated.   :bighug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2023, 07:36:07 pm »
Just want you to know your comic relief is well-timed and appreciated.   :bighug:

:silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2023, 07:39:49 pm »
   "Don't you ever dare edit my Quotes again"     :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2023, 07:50:32 pm »
Indeed I am aware of Trump's record; that's why I am no longer willing to cast my vote for him. It is doubtful that him debating would change that other than if he were to act like an ex-president instead of a juvenile.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2023, 08:20:29 pm »
Wrong

Trump “draining the swamp” and taking on the “deep state” was the claim that his supporters made even in 2016

Whether you realize it or not, you just made the case of why Donald Trump should not get a second term

One of Trump's biggest problems is that he doesn't read.  Someone who reads - like all of us here do - are able to learn information for themselves.    We've been reading about politics and these issues for decades.  We have a pretty good understanding where people stand on issues because we've been reading what they've written, said, and how they have voted for decades.  Most of us can remember stuff someone like John Kerry said and did because we read about it 20 years ago.  So if we'd sit down to evaluate potential subordinates, we have a lot more to go on than just how good they can bullshit us to our faces.

But Trump doesn't like reading stuff -- he likes to get his information verbally.  That means seat of the pants evaluations without the benefit of having a deeper background of knowledge.  That's how he got bullshitted by subordinates.  He choose Milley because they got along personally.  He wasn't aware of Milley's red flags because he didn't read about that stuff.  Hell, a bunch of us here were well aware of Milley's desire to put women in combat units, etc. when he was the Army Chief of Staff.  And that's because we read.

That's why most of us probably still know more about "the Swamp" than does Trump because we've been following Washington politics for decades.  Trump didn't, because he didn't care enough to read and stay informed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:21:54 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2023, 08:36:56 pm »
People know my record

Yes, we ran that, and we have some questions about these indictments you failed to list on your application.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2023, 08:42:50 pm »
Yes, we ran that, and we have some questions about these indictments you failed to list on your application.

:rolling: :rolling: