Author Topic: How Marines could prevent Iranian harassment of commercial ships  (Read 322 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How Marines could prevent Iranian harassment of commercial ships
By Irene Loewenson
 Aug 16, 06:40 PM

Although it’s unclear exactly what Marines would do if placed on commercial ships traveling through the Strait of Hormuz, retired military leaders say they could deter Iranian forces from harassing or seizing the vessels β€” and quickly loop in the Navy if issues arise.

More than 100 Marines already have gotten training from the Navy and are prepared to be put on commercial vessels transiting the strategically important passage ― which links the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman ― if ordered, the U.S. Naval Institute reported Friday, citing an anonymous U.S. official.

The security teams are made up of between 15 Marines and 19 Marines, according to the U.S. Naval Institute. Training began before the Navy ships carrying them arrived in Bahrain on Aug. 6, the Institute reported.

The teams could prevent Iranian forces from coming aboard the ships, retired Marine Lt. Gen. Dave Beydler said in a webinar Tuesday moderated by the Jewish Institute for National Security of America, a pro-Israel think tank.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/08/16/how-marines-could-prevent-iranian-harassment-of-commercial-ships/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: How Marines could prevent Iranian harassment of commercial ships
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 05:00:31 pm »
Maybe a little 20 mm and .50 caliber deterrence?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 07:04:48 pm »
Maybe a little 20 mm and .50 caliber deterrence?
Maybe something along the lines of LAW rockets? Though 20 mm SAPHEI rounds would be a wonderful gift to give the Iranian harassers.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 07:07:35 pm by GtHawk »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 07:12:20 pm »
Cover the ships in pig entrails?  Worked for General Pershing in the Philippines.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright