Author Topic: DC Mayor Muriel Bowser announces measures to combat rising crime rates  (Read 278 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DC Mayor Muriel Bowser announces measures to combat rising crime rates
Story by Rachel Schilke •
13h

Democratic Mayor Muriel Bowser for Washington, D.C., announced a juvenile curfew and other measures to combat rising crime rates in the area.

Bowser and D.C. leaders unveiled three new initiatives Thursday, following months of rising total violent crime rates and the district recording 100 homicides in the first six months of 2023, the earliest record in two decades.

"Public safety is our #1 priority, and it requires a whole-of-government approach," Bowser said in a series of posts on Thursday. "We will continue to double down on programs that we know work, and we remain focused on coming up with new and innovative ways to help our communities feel safer."

As of Tuesday, there is a 27% increase in homicides compared to this time last year. Total violent crime is up 38%, and total crime is up 31%.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dc-mayor-muriel-bowser-announces-measures-to-combat-rising-crime-rates/ar-AA1fpJ8S?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=f6ad38149f8d449f942bea757c0e30c9&ei=43
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: DC Mayor Muriel Bowser announces measures to combat rising crime rates
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 10:55:15 am »
Isn't the curfew for white teens only?? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

Re: DC Mayor Muriel Bowser announces measures to combat rising crime rates
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 01:05:08 am »
Curfews is one third of what has to be done: curfews, stop and frisk, and profiling.
Anybody attempting to do all three will be labeled a racist.
Which is why stop and frisk and profiling are out.
People would rather be not accused of being racists than stopping the incredible pile of dead black bodies that pile up on our nation's streets and sidewalks every week.