Author Topic: Report: DeSantis Super PAC Leaks Plan to Defend Trump and ‘Hammer’ Ramaswamy in Debate  (Read 303 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: DeSantis Super PAC Leaks Plan to Defend Trump and ‘Hammer’ Ramaswamy in Debate

Joel B. Pollak 17 Aug 2023

The New York Times posted what it said was a debate strategy document prepared by an outside political group supporting Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), suggesting that he should defend former President Donald Trump and “hammer” rival Vivek Ramaswamy in the first Republican presidential primary debate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, next week.

The Times reported that the document was posted online by a firm working with a DeSantis super PAC, Never Back Down. Super PACs can raise money to spend on behalf of candidates but they are restricted in their ability to work directly with campaigns.

The Times reported:

A firm associated with the super PAC that has effectively taken over Mr. DeSantis’s presidential campaign posted online hundreds of pages of blunt advice, research memos and internal polling in early nominating states to guide the Florida governor ahead of the high-stakes Republican presidential debate next Wednesday in Milwaukee.

…

“There are four basic must-dos,” one of the memos urges Mr. DeSantis, whom the document refers to as “GRD.”

“1. Attack Joe Biden and the media 3-5 times. 2. State GRD’s positive vision 2-3 times. 3. Hammer Vivek Ramaswamy in a response. 4. Defend Donald Trump in absentia in response to a Chris Christie attack.”

Ramaswamy recently overtook DeSantis for second place in a Kaplan Strategies poll; he is third but rising in the RealClearPolitics polling average.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/17/report-desantis-super-pac-leaks-plan-to-defend-trump-and-hammer-ramaswamy-in-debate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

It appears RDS understands he's in a fight for the number two ranking.

Online Hoodat

The New York Times posted  .  .  .

At least we now know who the NY Times wants to be Biden’s opponent.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

At least we now know who the NY Times wants to be Biden’s opponent.

That’s because Biden and the Democrats have a winning strategy with Trump

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

That’s because Biden and the Democrats have a winning strategy with Trump

:thumbsup: