Author Topic: NYC pet store closing its doors due to rising crime and 'failing policies'  (Read 269 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC pet store closing its doors due to rising crime and 'failing policies'
by Luke Gentile, Social Media Producer
 August 16, 2023 10:59 AM

A New York City pet store is closing its doors as "failing policies" are not protecting small-business owners from rising crime.

"On behalf of Wagging Tails we would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their support throughout the years. We also want to thank you for choosing to entrust us with your fur babies," Brooklyn's Wagging Tails Pet Shop/Salon said in a statement posted to social media.

"Unfortunately we will be closing our doors August 21st. This was not a financial decision but rather a quality of life issue due to the failure of our politicians and [their] failing policies destroying our city and neighborhood."

New York City's crime, filth, and state of squalor have made running a business untenable, said Laura Generoso, owner of Wagging Tails in Bay Ridge, according to a report.

"There's no law and order," she said. "I never thought I was gonna leave."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/nyc-pet-store-closing-its-doors-due-to-rising-crime-and-failing-politicians
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I can see Biden and the commiecrats setting up their own version of the E. Berlin Stasi to keep "Americans safe" from crime because cities and states "can't get it done."  It would be perfect to add to a "climate emergency." :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
More kennels for illegals.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley