Author Topic: White House skeptical of runaway soldier’s claims of racism in America  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
White House skeptical of runaway soldier’s claims of racism in America
August 17, 2023

Seoul — The US government has said it could not verify Pyongyang’s statement that the soldier who crossed into North Korea without permission last month did so because he had ill feelings towards the army.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Thursday said the administration could not verify the report by the Korean Central News Agency and cautioned “everyone to consider the source.”

Several attempts had been made to contact Pyongyang through various channels, without success, a US State Department spokesman said on Wednesday.

On July 18, Private Travis King crossed without permission the demilitarized zone (DMZ) that separates the two Korean nations, who are still officially at war since a conflict in the 1950s.

https://popularmilitary.com/white-house-skeptical-of-runaway-soldiers-claims-of-racism-in-america/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
We should encourage people to do this who have these views.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If Trump were still POTUS, his claim would be declared by the media to be brilliant and insightful. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We should encourage people to do this who have these views.

The catch-22 is this is the type of person the military really wants!  They don't want patriotic people. :nono:
Thomas Jefferson