Author Topic: Trump's legal advisers urge him to cancel press conference to refute Georgia allegations: Sources  (Read 619 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's legal advisers urge him to cancel press conference to refute Georgia allegations: Sources

Trump had announced a plan to release info on alleged election interference.
ByKatherine Faulders and Jonathan Karl
August 17, 2023, 6:30 AM

Former President Donald Trump's promised press conference to refute the allegations in the indictment handed up by the Fulton County District Attorney's Office is now very much in doubt, multiple sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

Sources tell ABC News that Trump's legal advisers have told him that holding such a press conference with dubious claims of voter fraud will only complicate his legal problems and some of his attorneys have advised him to cancel it.

Trump announced the planned press conference with a social media post shortly after he and 18 co-defendants were indicted late Monday in Georgia. He said he would present, "A Large, Complex, Detailed but Irrefutable REPORT on the Presidential Election Fraud which took place in Georgia."

Georgia's Republican governor responded to that with his own social media post declaring, "The 2020 election in Georgia was not stolen. For nearly three years now, anyone with evidence of fraud has failed to come forward -- under oath -- and prove anything in a court of law.”

more
https://abcnews.go.com/US/trumps-legal-advisers-urge-cancel-press-conference-refute/story?id=102336380&cid=social_twitter_abcn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Does Trump realize the legal peril he is in?

Offline Kamaji

His own worst enemy.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trumps has the wheel  of the Eat Me Float

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

And he wonders why all his lawyers quit...

Online libertybele

Does Trump realize the legal peril he is in?

I have often wondered that.  I don't think so.  I think in his narcissistic mind he still thinks that they can't touch him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

And he wonders why all his lawyers quit...

Exactly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DefiantMassRINO

I guess Trump pays lawyers to commit his crimes.  Why else would he not take the advice of people HE IS PAYING?!
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji