Author Topic: Ok,I had a heart attack a couple of days ago  (Read 1985 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Ok,I had a heart attack a couple of days ago
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2023, 07:01:31 pm »
@sneakypete

Missed you, and thought maybe something was going on. Glad you made it through.

if you're still a bit wobbly, see if the doc/VA can get you Home Health for a month... different for each occasion, but home health nurses/PT/OT folks will visit your house and make sure you're flying right.

get better, and (just to piss you off) I'm praying for you.  happy77:0001: :0001: :0001:

Offline berdie

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2023, 07:29:47 pm »
Oh dear!  Take it easy until you are better.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2023, 07:46:50 pm »
@sneakypete Praying for you! (yeah, that might aggravate you, but all that grit comes to the surface when you're aggravated, and that can't hurt). Glad you made it through! :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2023, 08:00:39 pm »
It's so good to hear from you, I was getting ready to send out an APB on you.

I'm sorry to hear your news, but also relieved you're home.  You keep fighting, I'll keep you in my prayers (this is a non-negotiable deal.  happy77 )

Sending you a  :bighug:  @sneakypete

« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 08:02:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2023, 08:01:58 pm »
 88sorry88  It would really bother me not knowing what happened and what was done. Understandable that you don't remember, though.  Hubby had two MI's and he remembers very little, but at least I was there so one of us could follow along with it all. Everyone needs an advocate when they are hospitalized.  Hopefully you have a follow-up with a cardiologist that can fill you in on what happened and what was done, or perhaps a mychart account where you can read the report yourself.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2023, 08:05:49 pm »
@sneakypete

if you're still a bit wobbly, see if the doc/VA can get you Home Health for a month... different for each occasion, but home health nurses/PT/OT folks will visit your house and make sure you're flying right.

get better, and (just to piss you off) I'm praying for you.  happy77:0001: :0001: :0001:

Does Medicare pay for Home Health Care?..at least for a few weeks?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2023, 08:19:01 pm »
Does Medicare pay for Home Health Care?..at least for a few weeks?

Dunno. Disability (medicaid) pays for mine. I know Sneaks is disabled too, though likely VA.  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2023, 08:23:13 pm »
@sneakypete

Likely got the same salt and water restrictions I do, you poor bastard... If you need tips/hacks in that regard, I can help a little, and I'd bet @libertybele can too.

Just give a holler.  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2023, 09:14:33 pm »
So you have two now and they believe they addressed the issue with the new stint. So that's good news.

The wrist is better than going through the groin to insert a stent, both in terms of recovery and long term potential issues. I have three via the groin (at the same time) and one via the wrist. I hope I'm done...

@DB

I have one in  the groin and one in the wrist,and I SINCERELY  hope  you are done with the NEED for any more!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2023, 09:17:06 pm »
@sneakypete   I've been wondering about you.  Glad that you are ok.  I have 3 stents. Rest and take it easy for awhile; try not to push yourself. That's important. Did they put you on a blood thinner and/or a baby aspirin?

Please know that though we may not agree on things in here, I still care about you. Very much so.  This forum needs you!!

(prayers up for you)
Hope you get better soon.  happy77

@libertybele

Thanks. Not going to be posting or responding much until I get feeling better.
@libertybele

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2023, 09:18:28 pm »

@libertybele

Thanks. Not going to be posting or responding much until I get feeling better.
@libertybele

Absolutely perfectly understandable.  Taking it easy is a must @sneakypete
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2023, 09:18:46 pm »
@sneakypete

@roamer_1

This is not Montana.  The home health people here would get a look at the guns I have laying around and declare me a revolutionary  and a danger to civilization.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2023, 09:19:39 pm »
It's so good to hear from you, I was getting ready to send out an APB on you.

I'm sorry to hear your news, but also relieved you're home.  You keep fighting, I'll keep you in my prayers (this is a non-negotiable deal.  happy77 )

Sending you a  :bighug:  @sneakypete

@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks!

Offline DB

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2023, 09:28:27 pm »
@sneakypete

Likely got the same salt and water restrictions I do, you poor bastard... If you need tips/hacks in that regard, I can help a little, and I'd bet @libertybele can too.

Just give a holler.  :beer:

Only if he has high blood pressure.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2023, 09:42:27 pm »
@roamer_1

This is not Montana.  The home health people here would get a look at the guns I have laying around and declare me a revolutionary  and a danger to civilization.

@sneakypete
Your business, pal. I'm just worrying for you, what with the chemo brain, and now all this... and you being alone (like me).

Worse that way for you, as I have the benefit of my clan and the womenfolk thereof, so while I am alone, I get a few visitors every day, and my niece is here (right now) to clean my house, and my son and his wife keep the yard and handle repairs while I am low...

So I am nowhere near as alone as you are... tough for me must be worse for you... and that's my worry. Hope your neighbors can drop in, at least.

Never thought about firearms being an issue... LOL!
I got a 1911 .45 sitting right next to my chair on the end table, very much in plain sight, and nobody has said a thing. 😁
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 09:43:48 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2023, 12:12:55 am »
@sneakypete
Your business, pal. I'm just worrying for you, what with the chemo brain, and now all this... and you being alone (like me).

Worse that way for you, as I have the benefit of my clan and the womenfolk thereof, so while I am alone, I get a few visitors every day, and my niece is here (right now) to clean my house, and my son and his wife keep the yard and handle repairs while I am low...

So I am nowhere near as alone as you are... tough for me must be worse for you... and that's my worry. Hope your neighbors can drop in, at least.

Never thought about firearms being an issue... LOL!
I got a 1911 .45 sitting right next to my chair on the end table, very much in plain sight, and nobody has said a thing. 😁

@roamer_1

My ex comes around all the time,and I go to where she lives and spend time with  her 3 or 4 times a week. I am also friends with her sister and her mother,not to mention her oldest daughter,who  is a MD at a local hospital.

Lent my  new Camry to my ex for a couple of days  last week when  she needed something reliable to go out of town in.

She  feeds the stray cats for me when I am unable to,and also feeds my house and shop cats for me.

Her mother checked me out with the local "mother  network" when I first started dating her youngest (not my ex) daughter,and then told me one night when I went there to pick her up that I was free to go out with either of her daughters anytime I wanted,and to take them any place they and I wanted to go.

I do NOT hurt women,and I do NOT allow anyone  else to hurt any woman I am with,period. THAT is carved in stone.

I am not as alone as you may  think.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2023, 12:16:40 am »

@sneakypete

GOOD.  :beer: :seeya:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2023, 12:17:30 am »
@roamer_1

My ex comes around all the time,and I go to where she lives and spend time with  her 3 or 4 times a week. I am also friends with her sister and her mother,not to mention her oldest daughter,who  is a MD at a local hospital.

Lent my  new Camry to my ex for a couple of days  last week when  she needed something reliable to go out of town in.

She  feeds the stray cats for me when I am unable to,and also feeds my house and shop cats for me.

Her mother checked me out with the local "mother  network" when I first started dating her youngest (not my ex) daughter,and then told me one night when I went there to pick her up that I was free to go out with either of her daughters anytime I wanted,and to take them any place they and I wanted to go.

I do NOT hurt women,and I do NOT allow anyone  else to hurt any woman I am with,period. THAT is carved in stone.

@sneakypete

Then just do what I know you hate:  Let them take care of you, and don't waste your energy online. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2023, 01:11:09 am »
@roamer_1

Glad to hear it!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2023, 01:26:43 am »
@sneakypete Take care of yourself brother! We need your onery @$$ around here!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2023, 02:23:08 am »
Was passed around 3 different hospitals,and the last was the worse of all. Nobody would even answer the room pager.

Not sure what to write at this point. Just got home last night and am sitting here trying to remember what happened and pondering it all.

Glad to hear that you are doing ok. I know you don’t like people praying for you, but that’s just what some of us do when we can’t help out in person. So I will say a prayer for you.  happy77
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2023, 02:33:13 am »
 :bighug:  @sneakypete

Please get well soon Pete.  Hopefully, they gave you written instructions to take home.

Offline verga

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2023, 10:47:11 am »
@sneakypete Glad you are back, I know you are not a fan of prayers, so I will just say "Good thoughts."
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.