Author Topic: Majority of Americans say they ‘definitely’ won’t vote for Trump in 2024: poll  (Read 528 times)

Offline Kamaji

Majority of Americans say they ‘definitely’ won’t vote for Trump in 2024:  poll

By Caitlin Doornbos
August 17, 2023

WASHINGTON – More than half of Americans say there’s no chance of them voting for former President Donald Trump to return to the White House in 2024, according to a national poll released Wednesday.

With Trump, 77, the clear front-runner in the Republican primary, 53% of Americans told the AP-NORC Center survey they would “definitely not” support him next November – with another 11% saying they would “probably not” pull the lever for the 45th president.

That leaves just 36% who say that they would “probably” or “definitely” support Trump in his third consecutive bid for the presidency.

But Trump’s high disapproval rating among the general public has yet to affect most Republicans, with 74% saying they would definitely or probably support the former president if he were the GOP nominee — and 63% saying they wanted Trump to keep running in 2024.

The poll was taken before a Georgia grand jury indicted Trump Monday night on 13 state counts in connection with his attempt to undo the 2020 election result in the Peach State — the fourth bill handed up against the former president in four-and-a-half months.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/majority-of-americans-say-they-definitely-wont-vote-for-trump-in-2024-poll/

Offline corbe

Trump Fatigue.  It's quite real and there isn't a CDC approved vaccine either.  I've been suffering from the affliction since 2015.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I know this is being interpreted as meaning that it's impossible for Trump to win the general election, but that's true only if all of the voters polled actually vote.

It is entirely possible at least in theory for Trump to have a majority of the votes actually cast (in the electoral college sense) if there are a lot of voters who like neither choice and just stay home.

Online DB

I know this is being interpreted as meaning that it's impossible for Trump to win the general election, but that's true only if all of the voters polled actually vote.

It is entirely possible at least in theory for Trump to have a majority of the votes actually cast (in the electoral college sense) if there are a lot of voters who like neither choice and just stay home.

Trump motivates people to vote that wouldn't otherwise - against him.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Polls are all over the place frankly.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Fox News has some bad news for the GOP, as you can see in the link.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Trump may still be a genius, but his stability is in question.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Early polling, though it is a pretty small sample size confirms that conservatives even here at TBR are not behind Trump.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,509462.msg2887736/topicseen.html#msg2887736

So it's basically simple math for the GOP.....   Unless Tumpy can pull off another EV miracle, the WH is going to remain in dim hands.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Early polling, though it is a pretty small sample size confirms that conservatives even here at TBR are not behind Trump.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,509462.msg2887736/topicseen.html#msg2887736

So it's basically simple math for the GOP.....   Unless Tumpy can pull off another EV miracle, the WH is going to remain in dim hands.

Unfortunately.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Biden has enough time to pull more stupid crap. Maybe by the time the general rolls around enough people will be sick of him enough to ouster him.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Biden has enough time to pull more stupid crap. Maybe by the time the general rolls around enough people will be sick of him enough to ouster him.

In a sane world yes, Fred.  Problem is you have a complicitly criminal MSM who is brainwashing the American Public in a leftward direction.
Seems it has always been that way, but now they aren't even hiding the practice.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

In a sane world yes, Fred.  Problem is you have a complicitly criminal MSM who is brainwashing the American Public in a leftward direction.
Seems it has always been that way, but now they aren't even hiding the practice.

:thumbsup:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I too am thinking Biden will be President in 2025.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Yeah, you are right. As it seems to be now, it is another race to the outhouse.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline cato potatoe

Biden has lost enough personal favorability to sink him in a normal election.  Plus six on election day, now minus 15.  The republican dumpster fire is why his party might just leave him on the ticket.

Offline Kamaji

Biden has lost enough personal favorability to sink him in a normal election.  Plus six on election day, now minus 15.  The republican dumpster fire is why his party might just leave him on the ticket.

:thumbsup:

Offline ScottinVA

Doesn’t matter to the MAGA gang… victory isn’t their goal.  Their total, absolute “my life for you” devotion to Trump is all that drives their very being.  MAGAs are “Trash Can Man” to Trump’s “Randall Flagg.”
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 03:55:04 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline berdie

I can well see them leaving Joey on the ticket but dumping Kammie...and putting a new running mate as VP. That they really want to be president.