Author Topic: Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC  (Read 63514 times)

Sighlass, WhatWouldReaganDo, DB, libertybele and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online corbe

Re: Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC
« Reply #1025 on: Today at 04:37:40 pm »
Defense presses Cohen on whether he wanted to work in White House

Blanche repeatedly asked Cohen whether he hoped he would be offered a position in the White House once Trump took office in 2017.

Blanche asked Cohen twice whether he “really wanted” to work in the White House, to which Cohen responded “no sir.’

“You hoped that you would be named the White House chief of staff, not just be considered, but be named the White House chief of staff?” Blanche said.

“No, sir,” Cohen responded.

— Lauren Sforza

11:59 AM
MAY 16, 2024
-
RRAHMAN
Cohen's cross-examination stays away from hush money deals

Most of Trump attorney Todd Blanche’s cross-examination has comprised him bringing up instances where he believes Cohen has lied over the years.

But Blanche has not asked Cohen any questions today so far about the hush money deals or the alleged reimbursement scheme at the center of Trump’s case.

— Zach Schonfeld
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1026 on: Today at 04:40:03 pm »
Cohen admits sending lawyer fake legal cases in bid to end sentence early

Cohen, a disbarred attorney, just admitted that he sent his lawyer fake legal decisions generated by an AI tool as part of his bid to get off supervised release early in his Manhattan federal case.

Cohen claimed Thursday that he found the phony cases after using a "Google AI" tool that "created a whole bunch of phantom results because AI wants to please the user."

He then handed them to his lawyer, who included the fake rulings as fake "legal precedent" for why Cohen should be released early.

“The three cases that you gave to your lawyer were not real cases correct?" Todd Blanche asked him.

“Correct,” Cohen replied.

Cohen was busted for this late last year, and admitted that he had done it in a federal court filing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1027 on: Today at 04:47:02 pm »

A pro-Trump demonstrator released nearly 100 penis-shaped balloons with the faces of Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg, Judge Merchan and other foes of the ex-president on them outside the NYC courthouse.

Other balloons feature images of Jack Smith who brought charges against Trump in his federal election interference and mishandling of classified documents cases.

It is unclear who released the balloons at this time.

https://twitter.com/LibbeyDean_/status/1791143992668598678
« Last Edit: Today at 04:47:57 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1028 on: Today at 04:54:05 pm »
Gaetz and Bobert?  Shit, why didn't MTG just show up and call it the 3 stooges.

Trump needs to have sane GOP folks like Johnson, Cruz, RDS, et.al  show up to this trial for support, rather than the fringe.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1029 on: Today at 04:58:38 pm »
Congressmen and women outside the Courtroom.  There are two Reps from AZ in the group.

I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1030 on: Today at 05:13:59 pm »
Court takes lunch break

"We'll see you at 2:15 p.m.," says the judge.

(I have been excerpting from the New York Post.)
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1031 on: Today at 05:20:29 pm »
Court takes lunch break

"We'll see you at 2:15 p.m.," says the judge.

(I have been excerpting from the New York Post.)

You and Nancy have done a great job keeping us posted.  Thanks.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1032 on: Today at 05:22:33 pm »
You and Nancy have done a great job keeping us posted.  Thanks.....

The pleasure is mine!
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1033 on: Today at 05:36:23 pm »
Gaetz and Bobert?  Shit, why didn't MTG just show up and call it the 3 stooges.

Trump needs to have sane GOP folks like Johnson, Cruz, RDS, et.al  show up to this trial for support, rather than the fringe.
Byron Donalds has shown up to support him...I don't cosinder him "fringe".

Cruz showing up in support of Trump???  He's fighting for his seat and he's already been ridiculed and mocked for supporting Trump because of how Trump beat up his character, ridiculed his wife and called his father an assassin.  Cruz has publicly commented in his defense recently and has been met with ridicule. 

Trump attacked DeSantis in much the same way, he has stated that he will campaign for Trump, but .... that has also been met with some reservations by his supporters.

Trump has created much of his own problems.  No, I don't think this court circus is warranted, but neither was Trump's character assassination of Cruz and DeSantis.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1034 on: Today at 05:40:17 pm »
I know we have a few lawyers here.  Any predictions yet?

From my vantage point, here is my guess......

1. Trump is found guilty with 12 biased NY jurors coming to agreement.
2. Biden watches polling, and if the verdict hurts Trump, I predict that he under advise of counsel is told not to debate a convicted felon.
3.  If there isn't any polling that hurt DJT, Biden bows out due to health reasons.

I might be totally wrong on this, but any other thoughts/predicitons?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1035 on: Today at 05:43:23 pm »
Byron Donalds has shown up to support him...I don't cosinder him "fringe".

Cruz showing up in support of Trump???  He's fighting for his seat and he's already been ridiculed and mocked for supporting Trump because of how Trump beat up his character, ridiculed his wife and called his father an assassin.  Cruz has publicly commented in his defense recently and has been met with ridicule. 

Trump attacked DeSantis in much the same way, he has stated that he will campaign for Trump, but .... that has also been met with some reservations by his supporters.

Trump has created much of his own problems.  No, I don't think this court circus is warranted, but neither was Trump's character assassination of Cruz and DeSantis.

No argument from me on the interpersonal concerns you bring up, and I know you are well aware that I am not a Trump fan.  But, from the nose holding perspective, I think we are at the "circle the wagon" phase, no matter how big a POS Trump is.   We can not survive 4 more years of Pedo Joe.

In any case, my negative comments were just directed towards Bobert and Gaetz