Author Topic: Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC  (Read 79815 times)

Hoodat, LMAO and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online libertybele

Re: Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC
« Reply #1175 on: Today at 07:07:54 pm »

https://twitter.com/kylenabecker/status/1792993427144970685

The last sentence couldn't be more true .... "if they have to burn down America’s judicial system in order to vanquish a political enemy and to cling to power, they will  do it".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1176 on: Today at 07:11:51 pm »
Judge Merchan just called out each juror by their full name, and then read out their address, where they work, and the names of their children.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #1178 on: Today at 07:14:34 pm »
I would point out that they are already burning down America to gain power. Burning down the judicial system is only one facet of that.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1179 on: Today at 07:15:47 pm »
Judge Merchan just called out each juror by their full name, and then read out their address, where they work, and the names of their children.

Considering the left wing media presence, I wonder if doxxing is legal in New York.  Or does this create a bias that invalidates the impartiality of the jury. 

This from a foreign born judge no less.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:18:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #1180 on: Today at 07:24:26 pm »
Considering the left wing media presence, I wonder if doxxing is legal in New York.  Or does this create a bias that invalidates the impartiality of the jury. 

I could be wrong, but I suspect that bit of "news" is 240B being 240B...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1181 on: Today at 07:25:31 pm »

He forgot this in his posts:

////00000////
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1182 on: Today at 07:27:29 pm »
He forgot this in his posts:

////00000////

lol...got me!!!! :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1183 on: Today at 10:31:00 pm »
Trump Witness Merchan Silenced Speaks Out: Brad Smith Explains What He Would Have Told Jury

Brad Smith, the Trump witness who was essentially silenced by Judge Juan Merchan in former President Donald Trump’s business records trial, revealed what he would have told the jury had he been able to testify, noting that he would have tried to “lay out some of the factual work of the law” and how it works in “practice.”

Speaking to Byron York of Washington Examiner, Smith — who was barred by Merchan from testifying about campaign finance laws, which are at the crux of the business records trial — explained that he would not have delved into specifics, but would have tried to break down campaign finance law, as it is extremely complicated.

According to York, Smith planned to “lay out the ways the law has been interpreted in ways that might not be obvious”:

As an example, Smith cited the phrase “for the purpose of influencing an election,” which has been heard during much analysis of the trial. “You read the law and it says that anything intended for the purpose of influencing an election is a contribution or an expenditure,” Smith explained. “But that’s not in fact the entirety of the law. There is the obscure, and separate from the definitional part, idea of personal use, which is a separate part of the law that says you can’t divert campaign funds to personal use. That has a number of specific prohibitions, like you can’t buy a country club membership, you can’t normally pay yourself a salary or living expenses, you can’t go on vacation — all these kinds of things. And then it includes a broader, general prohibition that says you can’t divert [campaign funds] to any obligation that would exist even if you were not running for office.”

What is the point of that? “We would have liked to flag that exception for the jury and talk a little bit about what it means,” Smith said. “And also, we would have talked about ‘for the purpose of influencing an election’ is not a subjective test, like ‘What was my intention?’ — it’s an objective test. So hiring campaign staff is for the purpose of influencing an election. Renting space for your campaign office, buying ads, maybe doing polling, printing up bumper stickers, travel to campaign rallies, renting venues for campaign rallies — all of those things exist only because you are running for office. But under the personal use rules, a lot of things candidates do running for office are not considered campaign expenditures, things like paying for a weight loss program or a gym membership, nicer clothes, teeth whitening, or all that sort of thing. It may be true that you do those things in part to help yourself get elected — you might not do them otherwise — but they are not obligations that exist simply because you are running for office. Lots of people do those things.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/21/trump-witness-merchan-silenced-speaks-out-brad-smith-explains-what-he-would-have-told-jury/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #1184 on: Today at 10:42:51 pm »
I could be wrong, but I suspect that bit of "news" is 240B being 240B...

Likely probable -- but ya gotta love his posts.  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien