Author Topic: Why is Ron DeSantis faltering in the polls? By Thomas Lifson  (Read 753 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 16, 2023
Why is Ron DeSantis faltering in the polls?
By Thomas Lifson

I had high hopes for the presidential candidacy of Ron DeSantis. Not because I am a NeverTrumper, though. I simply want the GOP to nominate a candidate who can win in the general election. My suspicion is that too many people who otherwise might vote for a GOP alternative would refuse to back Trump. But I would back Trump to the hilt if he secures the nomination. And I hold out hope that the use of police state tactics against Trump, piling on 90+ counts in four indictments in deep blue jurisdictions will open the eyes of a sufficient margin of voters to the ongoing totaltarian coup to elect him with a margin beyond the ability to cheat.

But all such Trump considerations aside, the inability of Ron DeSantis to catch on fire with GOP primary voters needs explanation. He has, after all, a brilliant record as Governor of Florida. He turned a squeaker of a first election victory into a double-digit landslide four years later. He has taken brave stands on national issues popular with the GOP base, especially grooming corporations and educational institutions, and he is doing something about it.  As a former professor, I am thrilled with what he is doing at state-run New College.

So, we are left to inquire about his personal style and its apparent lack of appeal. Max Weber, one of the founders of the discipline of sociology (long before its capture by the left) appropriated the religious concept charisma from St. Paul, who used it to describe a divine gift that demonstrated the authority of God residing in early speakers for Christ. In Weber’s view, personal charisma was one source of authority for leaders, along with legal and traditional sources of authority for leadership.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/why_is_ron_desantis_faltering_in_the_polls.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Why is Ron DeSantis faltering in the polls? By Thomas Lifson
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 12:15:13 am »
Ronny has exibited the worst kind of political opportunism. He positioned himself as an ally of Trump's only to catch the windfall if demonrats succeed in removing Trump.  That may be a perfect fit for his RINO/Globalist financiers, but voters paying attention understand DeSantis sold out early and cheap.

RDS's lies about handling COVID, his equivocations on the Ukraine quagmire and the “legit” 2020 election along with his refusal to clearly call for the end of the lawfare targeting Trump (by name) and its election interference, put him in the same league as Pence.

Easy answer,:  People thought DeSantis was MAGA, but found out he’s an opportunistic fraud, just like Pence.   So why would anyone expect Ronny could ultimately have more support than Pence?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 12:26:30 am »
Ronny has exibited the worst kind of political opportunism. He positioned himself as an ally of Trump's only to catch the windfall if demonrats succeed in removing Trump.  That may be a perfect fit for his RINO/Globalist financiers, but voters paying attention understand DeSantis sold out early and cheap.

RDS's lies about handling COVID, his equivocations on the Ukraine quagmire and the “legit” 2020 election along with his refusal to clearly call for the end of the lawfare targeting Trump (by name) and its election interference, put him in the same league as Pence.

Easy answer,:  People thought DeSantis was MAGA, but found out he’s an opportunistic fraud, just like Pence.   So why would anyone expect Ronny could ultimately have more support than Pence?

That (bolded) pretty much covers it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 12:39:05 am »
bullshit  :pootrump:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 12:41:29 am »

I have a challenge for you.

There are three hundred million American citizens in this country. Name ONE who would meet your standards, whose name is not Donald Trump.

I'll wait.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2023, 12:47:41 am »
As for the original question... it's summer 2023. The first primary is half a year away. Name recognition is driving the polls right now, and the incumbent nominee has a huge advantage.

I, quite frankly, do not give two turds about what the polls say right now. If Trump and his noise machine want to slander the living daylights out of DeSantis, that is all the more to be turned against them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2023, 02:26:28 am »
   He's taking bad advice from Rove, Jeb, Soros and Oprah.   *****rollingeyes*****

All are shaky the first few months of a campaign, especially for President.  I remember early Trump in 2015, Katy bar the door.  I'm patient.  He's a smart dude that is 5-0 in elections.
   He'll figure it out sooner rather than later.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2023, 02:53:57 am »
I have a challenge for you.

There are three hundred million American citizens in this country. Name ONE who would meet your standards, whose name is not Donald Trump.

I'll wait.

It shouldn't be difficult to find a dozen or so Democrats who believe the same things Trump does.  Bigger deficits, more social spending, protectionist trade rules, economic subsidies, etc.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2023, 03:25:13 am »
   To Ron's credit it couldn't happen at a better time, Trump indictments piling up and Ronna and Trump are starting up their bi yearly pizzing contest.   

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2023, 09:16:28 am »
It is astounding how some people are so drunk on the Trump Cult that they willingly tell such transparent lies with such pleasure.

Such people are intellectually and morally bankrupt.