Author Topic: HISTORY-MAKING SELECTION FOR 7TH ID  (Read 185 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HISTORY-MAKING SELECTION FOR 7TH ID
« on: August 15, 2023, 02:53:17 pm »
HISTORY-MAKING SELECTION FOR 7TH ID
Maj. Gen. Michelle Schmidt

Tue, 08/15/2023 - 07:08

A career military intelligence officer with numerous combat deployments, including with the Army’s most elite special operations forces, has been selected for another trailblazing assignment.

If confirmed by the Senate, Maj. Gen. Michelle Schmidt will command the 7th Infantry Division at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, making her the first woman to lead one of the Army’s active-duty maneuver divisions.

She most recently was director of force development in the office of the deputy Army chief of staff for resources and plans, G-8. Her assignment to lead the 7th Infantry Division was announced in an Aug. 14 DoD news release.

Her selection comes after Maj. Gen. Laura Yeager became the first woman to assume command of a U.S. Army infantry division when she took command of the California National Guard’s 40th Infantry Division in 2019. Yeager is now retired.

https://www.ausa.org/news/history-making-selection-7th-id
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson