Author Topic: Russian military planes ‘detected and tracked’ in Alaska air defense zone  (Read 204 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Russian military planes ‘detected and tracked’ in Alaska air defense zone
BY BRAD DRESS - 08/14/23 10:41 AM ET

Four Russian military planes flew into Alaska’s air defense zone Sunday and again Monday morning, according to North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), which said the planes were deemed not a threat.

NORAD said in a press release that it “detected and tracked” the four warplanes, which were operating in the Alaska Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) surrounding the U.S. and Canada but remained in international airspace.

“This Russian activity in the Alaska ADIZ occurs regularly and is not seen as a threat,” NORAD officials wrote in a statement.

While the ADIZ lies within a stretch of international airspace, NORAD tracks and detects foreign activity in the zone.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4151560-russian-military-planes-detected-and-tracked-in-alaska-air-defense-zone/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson