Author Topic: What Should America Do If China Invades Taiwan?  (Read 510 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What Should America Do If China Invades Taiwan?
« on: August 13, 2023, 02:59:49 pm »
If China chooses war over Taiwan, there will be no “good” choice for America. But the president and Congress are obligated to make the decision that best preserves American freedom, security, and prosperity.

By Daniel Davis
Published2 days ago

Taiwanese Vice President Lai Ching-Te, a 2024 presidential candidate, will visit the United States on Saturday to meet with American officials. China warns the visit is “like a gray rhino charging at us.” In China, this metaphor is used to indicate a big, obvious threat that needs to be dealt with. 

As that charged language indicates, tensions between the U.S. and China remain strained. Beijing’s preparation for future combat continues to accelerate, and Washington must contemplate the pros and cons of fighting a war with China.

It should be an article of faith for any American Congress or president that the decision to fight a conventional war should only be taken under the most dire of circumstances — when the U.S. has been attacked or is threatened with an imminent attack, and all diplomatic and peaceful means of resolving a conflict are exhausted. In any circumstance short of a direct attack against our country, people, or allies, the United States should measure such decisions against the most rigorous criteria designed to ensure the security, viability, and prosperity of the country.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/08/what-should-america-do-if-china-invades-taiwan/
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 03:00:45 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: What Should America Do If China Invades Taiwan?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 03:02:35 pm »
Whatever the MENSA battalions of the District of Corruption decide, they'd better make sure to set aside enough money to support all the illegals they've brought into the country.  That is a much higher priority, I'm sure.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 03:04:24 pm »
What can we do? Taiwan is not willing to risk it's infrastructure to fight China.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 03:23:55 pm »

Send them a sharply worded letter.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 03:57:21 pm »
Whatever the MENSA battalions of the District of Corruption decide, they'd better make sure to set aside enough money to support all the illegals they've brought into the country.  That is a much higher priority, I'm sure.

ILLEGALS always have been a higher priority for the DC scum.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 04:22:04 pm »

ILLEGALS always have been a higher priority for the DC scum.
That right. Trump, Illegals, Transgenders in schools, Ukraine, Destruction of America with crime, homelessness, inflation, energy crises, food crises, and rigging elections, are Democrat priorities. I think this current administration would do nothing at all against China. They don't have time or money to worry about Taiwan. Their attentions are all elsewhere, almost entirely domestic.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.