Author Topic: 3 of ‘Newburgh Four’ convicted in 2009 New York synagogue bombing plot to be released, judge rules w  (Read 289 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
3 of ‘Newburgh Four’ convicted in 2009 New York synagogue bombing plot to be released, judge rules while blaming FBI
By Patrick Reilly
July 28, 2023 9:25pm  Updated

Three of the four Muslim converts convicted of a post-9/11 plot to bomb New York synagogues and shoot down planes were ordered to be released from prison by a judge who declared their 25-year sentences “unduly harsh and unjust” — and blamed the FBI for radicalizing them.

Onta Williams, David Williams and Laguerre Payen — three of the four men who became known as the “Newburgh Four” — were granted their request for compassionate release by US District Judge Colleen McMahon on Thursday.

In her ruling, McMahon slammed the FBI’s sting operation that snared the men, whom she wrote were “hapless, easily manipulated and penurious petty criminals” that were set up by the feds and their unreliable informant.

“The real lead conspirator was the United States,” McMahon wrote.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/28/3-of-newburgh-four-to-be-released-judge-rules-while-blaming-fbi/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is what lamp posts are for, though I won't say who should be hauled up on 'em...