Author Topic: Trump Needs to Man-Up and Debate  (Read 4474 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump Needs to Man-Up and Debate
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2023, 09:00:15 pm »
   4) All of the above.

It's DeSantis's moment to Shine without Trump sucking all the air out the room.  Hope he has a marvelous Debate.

IMO RDS would shine with Trump standing right there beside him.

Another reason Trump's people don't want him to be on that debate stage.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2023, 09:01:04 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Calling you out on your poor journalism was the point. If you stuck to the issues, I would have no grief. But you will throw all the specious dirt you can in defense of your dear leader. and all it does is raise the noise level in the forum, and lower your reputation, at least in my eyes. You are so much better than this sh*t.

PM me all you want. I will happily discuss.

That ship has sailed @roamer_1   IMO, there's precious little chance of having a rational conversation now that you've chosen to board the crazy train.  Ping me if you decide to deboard and we'll talk about it then.  But for right now, thanks, but I'll take a hard pass.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2023, 09:06:22 pm »
IMO RDS would shine with Trump standing right there beside him.

Another reason Trump's people don't want him to be on that debate stage.

Oh Desantis would tear him a new one, given the debate was on the issues.. Tummy's knowledge is incredibly shallow.

That's why Tumpy won't show... He'll get his ass handed to him.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2023, 09:06:48 pm »
That ship has sailed @roamer_1   IMO, there's precious little chance of having a rational conversation now that you've chosen to board the crazy train.  Ping me if you decide to deboard and we'll talk about it then.  But for right now, thanks, but I'll take a hard pass.

Suit yourself.
//end

Offline DB

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2023, 09:20:10 pm »
Oh Desantis would tear him a new one, given the debate was on the issues.. Tummy's knowledge is incredibly shallow.

That's why Tumpy won't show... He'll get his ass handed to him.

Trump will simply say, whatever the issue, "I'll get greatest deal possible, only appoint the best to lead the charge, you'll get tired of winning" as the answer to all. That is, when he isn't making childish name calling/insults of the other candidates...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2023, 09:24:28 pm »

Nope he needs to be up on that debate stage...not pulling a Joe Biden.

Actually @txradioguy , it's more like Trump's "pulling" a Ronald Reagan.

In 1980, Reagan chose not to participate in early primary debates.  The strategy was known as "above the fray".  Reagan rejoined the primary debate stage later iin the game ---- after he lost in Iowa to Bush and was thisclose to a blowout loss to Bush in New Hampshire ---- which would have ended his political career.

From “Rendezvous with Destiny,” by Craig Shirley:

The thirty-five days between the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary during the 1980 presidential campaign were the most important time in Ronald Reagan’s political life. And the pivotal moment in this, his third try for the Republican nomination, occurred in a high-school gymnasium just three days before the New Hampshire vote.

Long the front-runner for the Republican nomination, Reagan suffered a stunning upset in Iowa at the hands of George H. W. Bush on January 21. Worse for Reagan, his campaign’s internal polling showed the former California governor falling 21 points behind Bush in New Hampshire. If Reagan lost to Bush in New Hampshire, his campaign would be over. Forever. There was no tomorrow. This was it for the Gipper.

The Reagan campaign had dug itself into this hole. Campaign manager John Sears and his aides Jim Lake and Charlie Black had felt that Reagan could not be stopped. Revealingly, Black said of Iowa, “Hell, I didn’t know it was gonna be a primary.” Sears’s strategy had been to rein in his candidate, keeping Reagan off the campaign trail and avoiding debates with the other candidates.

Reagan finally put his foot down. He hated losing, and he impatiently told Sears that he would “campaign the way I like to campaign.” That meant going to every corner of New Hampshire, speaking his mind on issues — and debating. He abruptly announced that he would attend all debates in New Hampshire, the very “cattle shows” he had derided.

More:  https://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2009/10/new-book-tells-inside-story-of-pivotal-bush-reagan-debate-in-nashua/

« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 09:28:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2023, 09:37:25 pm »
    @roamer_1 I'll buy a ticket for your Train anytime even if it's going nowhere.

Savoy Brown - Train to Nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhLUWDyXTk
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2023, 09:40:27 pm »
Trump will simply say, whatever the issue, "I'll get greatest deal possible, only appoint the best to lead the charge, you'll get tired of winning" as the answer to all. That is, when he isn't making childish name calling/insults of the other candidates...

That's right. He's media minded, not issue oriented. It's hard for him to play ball... Real ball.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2023, 09:47:12 pm »
I read that Fox has claimed exclusive rights to this debate footage. That is going to limit the number of viewers. I don't know if I can watch it using a Roku without signing up with a paid service. I am not interested in giving Fox any money. So unless it gets posted on another platform I most likely won't see it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2023, 10:49:47 pm »
I want to hear what Trump is going to do about the issues we face.
Me, too. There are other people out there with ideas, let's hear what Trump has to offer, not just poo slinging or "I've been robbed" (which we're aware of).

Given the present sh*tshow, where can he take it from here, and how?

I want to hear that from all the candidates.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2023, 11:00:55 pm »
Me, too. There are other people out there with ideas, let's hear what Trump has to offer, not just poo slinging or "I've been robbed" (which we're aware of).

Given the present sh*tshow, where can he take it from here, and how?

I want to hear that from all the candidates.

I guess that doesn't matter to me because I'm convinced he lacks the political skills, focus, etc. to get it done.  I mean, he can rattle off any number of conservative-sounding ideas fed to him by consultants, but I'm personally convinced it won't matter because he's going to try to do whatever it is that appeals to him in the moment if elected.  And if elected, he won't have the support to get things through.

Online corbe

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2023, 11:44:20 pm »
   It will indeed become to be known as 'The Platitude Hour', featuring THE Donald w/ sidekick Tucker.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2023, 12:38:50 am »
50 points up (among repubs), but is so incredibly hated that he can't win the general election.

For someone who says he's a Christian, why is it that he doesn't act like one?  RIV?  DCPatriot?

LOL!  You all get sillier and sillier.  Today, you're the silliest!   :beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2023, 12:53:58 am »
Then let Tucker host a debate with all the candidates on his YouTube channel.

Tucker is gonna softball his interview with him...that's the only reason Trump is going on camera with him.
Here is one, and I found it rather interesting...

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1692282708397863374

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnwE5ZILaaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tExqmfhAQg
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2023, 12:59:12 am »
I read that Fox has claimed exclusive rights to this debate footage. That is going to limit the number of viewers. I don't know if I can watch it using a Roku without signing up with a paid service. I am not interested in giving Fox any money. So unless it gets posted on another platform I most likely won't see it.

Nah. it will be online some how, some way... Maybe a day or two late...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2023, 01:02:47 am »
LOL!  You all get sillier and sillier.  Today, you're the silliest!   :beer:

@DCPatriot

So... you got nothin...  :shrug: :whistle: :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2023, 01:47:26 am »
    @roamer_1 I'll buy a ticket for your Train anytime even if it's going nowhere.

Savoy Brown - Train to Nowhere

This stuff is more like 'Mission Temple', @corbe

Sawyer Brown - Mission Temple Fireworks Stand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZBOvHf-NHE

(That dude murders that steel guitar)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 01:48:16 am by roamer_1 »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2023, 02:19:50 am »
@DCPatriot

So... you got nothin...  :shrug: :whistle: :laugh:

Nobody was speaking to you. 

But the Apostle Paul comes to mind, if you wanna play "Cranky Christians".   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2023, 02:20:49 am »
I just want to say, in the vein of my new thread on radio shows, I liked having Derek Hunter.  He was on about a year as our late-morning local host in Baltimore.

I was sad to see him suddenly kicked out.

He was one of the few on radio who doesn’t just toe the Trump line.

Replaced by another who does.  I guess too many EverTrumpers listen to our conservative radio here.  I like the lady who replaced him, but she still likes Trump too much.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2023, 03:07:29 am »

It's a forum, d00d...

But the Apostle Paul comes to mind, if you wanna play "Cranky Christians".   :laugh:

Oh, yeah... go there with me... I dare you.  happy77

Online corbe

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2023, 03:10:31 am »
    You know there is a lot of talk, among biblical scholars that perhaps Paul was gay, just saying.

* wrong thread
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 03:12:12 am by corbe »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2023, 03:16:37 am »

You're deferring to a lawyer?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2023, 03:37:57 am »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2023, 03:43:39 am »
Actually @txradioguy , it's more like Trump's "pulling" a Ronald Reagan.

In 1980, Reagan chose not to participate in early primary debates.  The strategy was known as "above the fray".  Reagan rejoined the primary debate stage later iin the game ----

Again, untrue.  You are painting a false narrative here.  Again.  A pathetic attempt to correlate Trump with Reagan.

Here is Reagan at the second Republican debate which was held before the first State primary took place in New Hampshire, not "later in the game" as you describe:

Take note of the standing ovation from his debate opponents behind him on stage.

You are correct that Reagan wanted to remain "above the fray" by skipping the Iowa debate.  But Reagan admitted later that it was a big mistake.  Thus the showing in the second debate (and all subsequent debates) in Nashua above.  So by equating Trump with Reagan, you are actually equating Trump with a mistake Reagan made.  That does not paint your candidate in a favorable light.  Instead, it paints him as a fool.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2023, 03:49:57 am »
This isn't the first time Trump has used a Reagan comparison to excuse his decision not to debate - a decision that Reagan openly admitted was a mistake.  Different day, same Trump, same false narrative.

About That 1980 Iowa Debate Ronald Reagan Skipped

It wasn't because he thought someone was mean to him, and after the Iowa caucus Reagan realized he had made a mistake.

ED KRAYEWSKI  |  1.27.2016 1:52 PM

Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump's Twitter squad is pushing the idea that Donald Trump rage-quitting the Fox News debate because he thinks Megyn Kelly is mean to him makes him as presidential as Ronald Reagan, because Reagan also skipped a GOP debate in Iowa.

For all his faults, Ronald Reagan ran a campaign of optimism and small government in 1980. That campaign ended in a landslide over incumbent Jimmy "malaise forever" Carter. No one would mistake the "Trump train" and its never-ending anger, xenophobia, and even class envy for a campaign of optimism. Sure, Trump, like Reagan, wants to "make America great again," but Trump's vision doesn't include America as a "shining city on a hill" for the world to aspire to. It involves a giant wall.

More importantly, and this ought to be obvious, the context of Reagan's decision to skip the 1980 debate is different than the context of Trump's decision. Reagan was not in a petty feud with the Des Moines Register at the time. His campaign manager simply believed that as the frontrunner, Reagan was above the debate. Only five of the nine Republicans vying for the nomination participated in the debate. That debate was the first Republican primary debate since 1948. It was not planned to be a televised debate—that came later. And after Reagan's loss in Iowa, he pivoted, ignoring his campaign manager's advice and deciding not to skip future debates.  .  .  .

https://reason.com/2016/01/27/about-that-1980-iowa-debate-ronald-reaga/

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-